The course in Health Care and Policy introduces the students to the analysis of health care systems, managerial and policy issues and techniques for decision-making in health care. The subjects covered include health services research, health policy, health economics, and law.
1. Introduction to health care.
2. Diseases and medical knowledge.
3. Health and public policy.
4. The role of epidemiology in health policy.
5. Population and individual strategies in prevention.
6. Health need, demand and use.
7. Organisation of health systems.
8. Financing of health care.
9. Evaluation of health services.
10. Health services management.
ŽÁČEK, A. and J. HOLČÍK. Sociální lékařství II, Úvod do veřejného zdravotnictví. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1992. 130 pp. ISBN 80-210-0375-8. info
BEAGLEHOLE, R. Basic epidemiology. [1st ed.]. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1993. viii, 175. ISBN 92-4-154446-5. info
Language in which the course is taught
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.