The course is offered to students of any study field.
Contemporary Czech Syntax pressupose knowledges of analysis of the sentences and the elements of the sentence (subject, predicate...). The analysis of the compound sentence follows the analysis of the sentence. The students shall recognise the types of the compound sentence and write the graphical schemes of them. They should be able to explain relation between sentences in the compound sentence. Classification of the clauses.
In the end of the course students:
- know and are able to explain the terminology of the analytic syntax and valence syntax;
- master analysis of the sentence, complex sentence and compound sentence;
- are able to explain complex problems of the syntax.
The demands of the primary school teacher training are respect, too.
1. Criterion for the differentiation between sentence and compound sentence.
2. Valence of the verb. Syntactical structures.
3. Compound sentence. Connectives (word category, syntactical function, meaning).
4. Main clause and dependent clause.
5. Co-ordination in the compound sentence. Types of the semantic function of the co-ordination, the connective of the co-ordination.
6. Subordination. Complex sentence.
7. Classification of the clauses. Clauses in the valence position of the predicative verb in the main clause.
8. Compound sentence and complexe sentence with the most complicated structure.
9. Graphical picture of the compound sentence and complex sentence.
10. Sentence in the text. Sentence as communicative units. Segmentation of the text. Units of the texts.
GREPL, Miroslav. Příruční mluvnice češtiny. Vyd. 2., opr. Praha: Lidové noviny, 2003. 799 s. ISBN 80-7106-134-4. info
Čeština - řeč a jazyk. Edited by Marie Čechová. 2. přeprac. vyd. Praha: ISV nakladatelství, 2000. 407 s. ISBN 80-85866-57-9. info
Mluvnice češtiny. 3, Skladba. 1. vyd. Praha: Academia, 1987. 746 s. info
- Textual analysis;
- identification of the language phenomena in the text;
- problem method;
- controlled discussion;
- individual testing;
- studying hours.
The programm of the course is based on tutorial.
Oral colloquium includes analysis of the sentence, compound sentence and combined sentence and proof of theoretic knowledge.
A. Practical part: students shall complet analyse one sentence/clause and one compound or combined sentence
B. Theoretical part: students get two theoretical questions.
To be succsessful students have to answer 70 % of these questions correctly.
Language in which the course is taught
Further comments (probably available only v češtině)
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: počet hodin konzultací v semestru.