C4040 Advanced Physical Chemistry - seminar
Faculty of Science
Spring 2011 - only for the accreditation
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Kubáček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Kubáček, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- NOW ( C4020 Advanced Physical Chemistry )
Prior study of basic physical chemistry assumed (e.g. C4660).
- Course Enrollment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Exercises and problems accompanying the course C4020 Advanced Physical Chemistry. The course objective is to develop quantitative skills for interpreting the behavior of matter by physical theories with an emphasis on the relationships between the microscopic structure and macroscopic properties of matter.
- Seminar topics follow the lecture program, clarifying lecture (C4020) material and giving the opportunity to develop a critical understanding of the themes and concepts.
- ATKINS, P. W. and Julio de. PAULA. Atkins' physical chemistry. 7th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. xxi, 1150. ISBN 0-19-879285-9. info
- ATKINS, Peter William. Physical chemistry [Atkins, 1998]. 6th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998. 1014 s. +. ISBN 0-19-850102-1. info
- Comprehensive dictionary of physical chemistry. Edited by Ladislav Ulický - Terence James Kemp. 1st pub. New York: Ellis Horwood, 1992. 472 s. ISBN 0-13-151747-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar is based on cooperative learning activities by asking students to complete problem-solving tasks. Students work in group of 4 (exceptionally +/-1) on each of 12 (13) projects with a detailed printed form containing tasks and some support. Books, tables, notes, calculator, and notebooks (web pages inside muni.cz only) are recommended to use. In addition twelve running optional home works (e-tests).
- Assessment methods
- Numbers of points achieved sum continuously, up to maximum 300 (325), to build the order of all registered students and to decide the final credit assessment (160 points at least).
- Further comments (probably available only v češtině)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Předmět pedpokládá znalosti fyzikální chemie v rozsahu C4660.
The course is also listed under the following terms
Spring 2008 - for the purpose of the accreditation
Autumn 2010 - only for the accreditation
Autumn 2011 - acreditation