BPF_POJ1/01 Tue 12:50–14:30 P9, S. Nečas
BPF_POJ1/02 Tue 16:20–17:55 P5, S. Nečas
BPF_POJ1/03 Tue 14:35–16:15 P5, S. Nečas
BPF_POJ1/04 Wed 18:00–19:35 P5, S. Nečas
BPF_POJ1/05 Mon 14:35–16:15 P4, S. Nečas
BPF_POJ1/06 Mon 16:20–17:55 P4, S. Nečas
BPF_POJ1/07 Mon 18:00–19:35 P4, S. Nečas
!PFPOJI Insurance Industry
Course freely builds on the knowledge gained in the study courses of the fields Financial Management and Finance. No special presumptions are required.
Course Enrollment Limitations
The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 220 student(s).
Current registration and enrollment status: enrolled: 72/220, only registered: 0/220, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/220
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
The course is framed as the first enter to the problems of insurance science for the students of the fields Financial business respectively Finance.
Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
- to understand introduction of the theory of insurance and reinsurance;
- to explain the relationship between insurance and risk, further terms of insurance, system of insurance, insurance relationships, reinsurance and its forms, and other concepts of the theory of insurance;
- to learn the relationship between law and insurance, right and obligation to insure itself;
- to get students acquainted with the classification of insurance, with the classes and selected insurance products for physical persons;
- to understand the basic legal precepts of the insurance industry in the Czech Republic, i.e. Insurance Act, Insurance Contract Act, the Act on insurance intermediaries and independent liquidators of insurance events, etc.;
- to delineate the structure of insurance and commercial insurance companies especially in the Czech Republic;
- to characterize the processes that proceed in this subjects of insurance market.
Lectures theme plan
1. Insurance, the beginning of the insurance and the system of insurance, the past and the present.
2. Insurance and risk, insurance relationship
3. Classifiction of insurance
4. Life insurance and its products
5. Non-life insurance and its products
6. Reinsurance, the function and signification
7. Legal regulations governing insurance
8. Commercial insurance company
9. Presentation of the activities and the insurance products of commercial insurance company
10. System of insurance, its structure and subjects
11. International institutions in the system of insurance
12. Insurance market and its segmentation
13. Insurance terminology
Theme plan and content of seminars (by weeks of instruction):
1. Introductory seminar, organization of seminars, condition assessment and completion of the course, allocation of seminary work
2. Insurance contract
3. Liquidation of insurance event
4. Motor insurance I.
5. Motor insurance II.
6. Immovable and movable assets insurance
7. Liability insurance
8. Life insurance
9. Pension insurance, insurance of persons
10. Current problems in insurance industry
11. Mediatory activity in the insurance industry
12. Insurance frauds
13. Control Test (part of the final exam)
KARFÍKOVÁ, Marie and Vladimír PŘIKRYL. Pojišťovací právo. Vyd. 1. Praha: Leges, 2010. 351 s. ISBN 9788087212455. info
BLAND, D. Pojištění: principy a praxe. The Chartered Insurance Institute. Londýn, 1993 (překlad ČAP, 1997)
DRYJOVÁ, Libuše and Magdalena WAWERKOVÁ. Zákon o pojistné smlouvě :komentář. Edited by Ludvík Bohman. Praha: Linde, 2004. 381 s. ISBN 80-7201-504-4. info
DUCHÁČKOVÁ, Eva. Principy pojištění a pojišťovnictví. Vyd. 1. Praha: Ekopress, 2003. 178 s. ISBN 80-86119-67-X. info
PŮLPÁN, Karel. Slovník bankovnictví, pojišťovnictví a kapitálových trhů. [Praha]: Public History, 1998. 328 s. ISBN 80-902193-2-2. info
VOSTATEK, Jaroslav. Sociální a soukromé pojištění. Vyd. 1. Praha: CODEX Bohemia, 1996. 601 s. ISBN 80-85963-21-3. info
BUŠTA, P., PŘIKRYL, V. Pojištění odpovědnosti z provozu vozidla v otázkách a odpovědích. Praha: Mobil Data, 2001
lectures and seminars (mostly presentation of seminar projects at given issue and discussion to them)
Type of teaching: lectures, seminars
Requirements for completion of the course:
a) processing, submission (in written and electronic form) and the presentation of a seminar project at given issue (using PowerPoint) with classification as passed. The classification of seminar project passed or failed. In the case of classification failed a student will not be admitted to the exam. In the case of classification passed may the seminar work be reflected in the final classification up to 5 % (1 point), according to an assessment of the directive of the seminar;
b) successful completion (passing) of the control test of seminars Condition (points assessment) for the successful completion (passing) of this test is not strictly defined, because the test is a part of the final exam. The condition is thus set for an overall assessment of the tests, not for its components. This test of seminars can be assessed up to 8 points. Control test of the seminars will be written in the 13th week of the semester. If a student can not physically complete the test (the apology will judge the directive of the seminar), he/she writes a test in the first two weeks of the examination period.
c) participation at least on 10 seminars.
The final exam and final classification
The exam has a written form. Content of the final exam is mostly a matter of the lectures and literature. Condition of the minimum number of points for successful completion of a test of lectures and literature is not strictly defined.
The final mark is made up of: the result of control test (maximum 8 points) and the result of the test of lectures and literature (maximum 12 points), eventually also classification of the seminar work (a bonus of up to 1 point).
A: 92 - 100% (18,4 - 20 points),
B: 84 - 91% (16.8 - 18.3 points),
C: 75 - 84% (15.2 - 16.7 points),
D: 70 - 74% (13.6 - 15.1 points),
E: 60 - 69% (12 - 13.5 points),
F: less than 60% (less than 12 points).
Student who will have after writing the control test and the test of lectures and literature less than 12 points, will repeat only the test of lectures and literature. Students log on the resit test.
Warning: Any frauds or attempted frauds during the exam (such as the use of „cheat sheets“ or other illicit materials, copying, allowing copying, obtaining the tests, etc.) or activities endangering the objectivity of the exam will be classified as a nonobservance of requests for course completion and will be assessed by the teacher in IS MU as "F".
Language in which the course is taught
Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PFPOJI.
Výuková část jarního semestru 2012 je zkrácena na 11 týdnů (blíže viz Opatření děkana č. 3/2011 k úpravě rozvrhu hodin kontaktní výuky všech studijních programů v prezenční formě na ESF MU v jarním semestru ak. roku 2011/2012). Detailní harmonogram přednášek a seminářů bude uveden v souborech uložených v adresáři Organizační pokyny. Kontrolní test (součást zkoušky) se bude v akademickém roce 2011/2012 psát v 10. týdnu semestru.