Special Biology (programme PřF, N-EXB, specialization Experimentální biologie živočichů a imunologie)
After the succesfull completion of the course, students should be:
- able to submit the Master thesis agreed by the supervisor and meeting all the requirements
- prepared for a successful defense of the thesis, which is a part of the final state exam.
- work with scientific literature
- able to arrange, analyze, compile, summarize, evaluate,reproduce and discuss scientific information
- analyse given problem and suggest solutions
- suggest experimental design and conduct experiments independently
- utilise theoretical knowledge in experimental work
- analyse the results using statistical methods
- formulate own conclusions and discuss them with literature
- present the results and conclusions of experimental or theoretical scientific work by written or oral forms
- contribute to research in particular field
Diploma thesis must be result of student’s individual work, processed according to guidance of supervisor and according to general principles reported in official web sites of the department.
Selection of items corresponding with the topic of bachelor thesis
Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Edited by Zdeněk Šesták. 1. vyd. Praha: Academia, 2000. 204 s. ISBN 80-200-0755-5. info
Personal consultancy given by thesis supervisor, study of scientific literature corresponding with the master degree, designing and elaboration of the thesis.
Final evaluation is based on open defence of the thesis, with given referee(s) or opponent(s).
Language in which the course is taught
Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrollment limitations: Na předmět se vztahuje povinnost registrace. Bez registrace může být znemožněn zápis předmětu.