Sat 17. 3. 12:50–16:15 P10, Sun 15. 4. 12:50–16:15 P10, Sat 28. 4. 16:20–19:30 P10
!KPOPII Business Law
The course expected basic knowledge and skills in the area of legal regulations of commercial companies and business-law contractual relationships which they get in the Basic Law course and Business Law I course.
Course Enrollment Limitations
The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
At the end of this course students will be able:
- to undestand legal rules of ownership rights application by business organization partners;
- to get acquainted with problems of partner’s guarantee for company liabilities
¨differentiate the individual commercial law contractual types;
- to use these types in an inventive way to make business-law relationships work;
decisions about legal claims of creditors of companies;
- to know the basic habits which they can use both in preventive and subsequent procedure in business situations where problems of legal nature may arise.
1. Business organizations I
Comparison (differences) - unlimited liability company (v.o.s. CZ), limited partnership company (k.s. CZ), limited liability company (s.r.o. CZ), joint stock company (a.s. CZ).
a) risks undertaken by and responsibility of authorised representatives, presumption of liability, circumstances excluding liability, authorized representatives´ liability, competition ban, due diligence, managerial contract.
b) rights and responsibilities of members, their participation in company management, minority rights, settlement among members due to cessation of participation in a company.
c) members´ liability, property liability of a business organization.
2. Business organizations II
Conversion of business organization.
Change in a legal form of a company.
- real holding company and contractual holding company;
- contract to control the company;
- relationship between the controlling and controlled person not regulated by the contract to control the company.
3. Commercial liabilities.
Commercial contracts overview.
4. Claim recovery I.
a) by way of claim reinsurance under the Civil Code and Commercial Code.
b) claim recovery in standard civil summary proceedings, payment order.
5. Claim recovery II
Limitation and lapse of claim.
- limitation under the Civil Code;
- limitation under the Commercial Code;
- limitation under other legal regulations;
- relation between limitation and lapse.
6. Claim recovery III
a) claim recovery in bankruptcy proceedings.
b) claim recovery in arbitral proceedings.
ŠEDOVÁ, J. Studijní texty "Obchodní právo 2". ESF Brno 2012, přístupné v IS ESF MU: IS/Studijní materiály předmětu/Učební texty/.
2. KAUCKÝ, D., RUŽIČ, D., KUCHTA, J., JANÁKOVÁ, A., FILDÁN, Z., ZAHORNADSKÁ, J., BERGER, L., VALENTOVÁ, K., BERAN, J., PETR, M., SCHELLEOVÁ, I., SMEJKAL, Vl., ŠIDLO, D.: Osobní odpovědnost a rizika statutárních zástupců a ředitelů. Praha : FORUM s.r.o.,
3. BALABÁN, P., FALDYNA, F., KOBLIHA, I., MAREK, K., POHL, T., POKORNÁ, J., ROZEHNALOVÁ, N., VEČERKOVÁ, E., VÍTEK, J.: Obchodní právo. MERITUM. Praha : Wolters Kluwer ČR, a.s., 2010. s. 1149. ISBN: 978-80-7357-577-9.
Tutorials are shceduled in two three-hour blocks; the content corresponds to the topics as follows: 1. tutorial: Topic 1-6, 2. tutorial: Topic 7-13.
The course finished with a written test. The minimal points required to pass the test is 60 per cent.
Semester requirements: elaboration of the POT, which is classified as well (passed/failed).
Requirements (including the literature) are further specified in the interactive scheme of the course in the IS MU.
Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
The course is taught annually.
General note: nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět KPOPII.