The proseminar acquaints students with basic methodological processes. The main objectives of the course are the following:
Familiarity with principles of research, how studets should treat the subject of their research, how to read expert literature, quote correctly and use it for one's own written work.
1. choice of topic and main thematic circles
2. formulation of goals of the work
3. formulation of one's own hypotheses
4. cultivation of defining thinking and expert speech
5. choice of literature and principles of its elaboration
6. choice of adequate format of citations and links
7. elaboration of detailed draft of the text
8. paraphrasing exercise
9. resumé and review
10. rhetorical rules and expert text
11. discussion on proseminar essays in progress
ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách :několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vyd. 1. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 s. ISBN 80-86429-40-7. info
A thoughly correct proseminar essay has to be submitted.
Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin konzultací.