ESF:BKR_GECR Geography - Tourism - Course Information
BKR_GECR Geography - TourismFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Martin Šauer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Vystoupil, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Markéta Novotná, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Vystoupil, CSc.
Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Iveta Suchomelová Vašíčková
Supplier department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Fri 5. 3. 16:00–18:50 P302b, Fri 26. 3. 13:00–15:50 P302b
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the latest knowledge and appropriate skills in the field of the Tourism Geography.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
explain the patterns of spatial distribution of tourism;
analyse importance of location, selective and realization conditions of tourism;
recognize demand factors of tourism;
appraise the causes and consequences of regional differences in spatial distribution of tourism;
- Tourism as object and subject of geographic research;
- Localization factors and conditions of tourism;
- Selective factors and conditions of tourism;
- Realization factors and conditions of tourism, i.e. infrastructure;
- Spatial organization of tourism and recreation (regionalization, typology of tourism resorts, second homes);
- Cartographic approaches and methods in tourism;
- Recreation landscape and factors influencing its use;
- Impacts of tourism on geographic environment (social and physical environmental impacts);
- Geography of International tourism;
- Regional tourism geography in Europe;
- required literature
- ŠAUER, Martin, Jiří VYSTOUPIL, Andrea HOLEŠINSKÁ, Monika PALATKOVÁ, Martina PÁSKOVÁ, Josef ZELENKA, Dana FIALOVÁ, Jiří VÁGNER, Petr HALÁMEK, Ondřej REPÍK and Ondřej PETR. Cestovní ruch. Učební text (Tourism. Learning text.). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2015. 477 pp. info
- VYSTOUPIL, Jiří, Martin ŠAUER, Andrea HOLEŠINSKÁ, Josef KUNC, Petr TONEV and Daniel SEIDENGLANZ. Geografie cestovního ruchu České republiky (Geography of tourism in the Czech Republic). první. Plzeň: Aleš Čeněk, 2011. 318 pp. ISBN 978-80-7380-340-7. URL info
- recommended literature
- VYSTOUPIL, Jiří, Andrea HOLEŠINSKÁ, Josef KUNC, Jaroslav MARYÁŠ, Daniel SEIDENGLANZ, Martin ŠAUER, Petr TONEV and Milan VITURKA. Atlas cestovního ruchu České republiky (Tourism Atlas of the Czech Republic). 1st ed. Praha: Ministerstvo pro místní rozvoj ČR, 2006. 156 pp. ISBN 80-239-7256-1. info
- HALL, C. Michael and Stephen PAGE. The geography of tourism and recreation : environment, place and space. 3rd ed. London: Routledge, 2006. xxi, 427. ISBN 0415335612. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching methods:
presentation of selected problems of geography of tourism (project).
- Assessment methods
- Evaluation consists of verifying the student's theoretical knowledge (written test, it is necessary to gain more than 60 % of overall number of points) and the ability to apply this knowledge to real practical example (written seminar work - case study).Weight of written test is 75% and 25% of the case study.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět BKR_GCR.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutoriál 6 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2021/BKR_GECR