ESF:BKR_PIPE Policies, Institutions and EU - Course Information
BKR_PIPE Policies, Institutions and EU lawFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Vladimír Žítek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. David Sehnálek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Viktorie Klímová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Dominika Tóthová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Viktorie Klímová, Ph.D.
Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Iveta Suchomelová Vašíčková
Supplier department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 6. 3. 12:00–15:50 P102, Sat 13. 3. 12:00–15:50 P103, Fri 26. 3. 16:00–19:50 P102
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! BKR_EUAP European Union and Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 27 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims to acquaint students with the development of European integration and the principles of the European Union and to enable them to understand the Union's ways of deciding on joint matters, legal principles, division of powers and practical implementation of individual policies.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to:
- explain the causes and circumstances of European integration,
- understand the fundamentals of EU law,
- understand the functioning of the European institutions, their powers and decision-making,
- orientate in the revenue and expenditure of the EU budget,
- discuss the practical functioning of EU policies, and
- assess the advantages and disadvantages of EU membership.
- 1. History of European integration, member countries and EU enlargement, symbols of the EU
- 2. Introduction to European law, characteristics of EU law and primary sources of law, powers of the EU
- 3. EU institutions and bodies
- 4. Secondary sources of EU law and powers
- 5. EU budget
- 6. EU policies and division of competences between the EU and the Member States
- 7. Stages of integration, single internal market, economic and monetary union
- 8. EU trade policy
- 9. Common agricultural policy
- 10. EU transport policy
- 11. EU cohesion policy
- 12. EU judiciary and enforcement of EU law
- 13. EU external relations
- 14. Relations between the Czech Republic and the European Union
- required literature
- LACINA, Lubor, Petr STREJČEK and Petr BLÍŽKOVSKÝ. Učebnice evropské integrace. 4. přepracované a aktualiz. Brno: Barrister & Principal, 2016. 359 stran. ISBN 9788074851049. info
- TÝČ, Vladimír. Základy práva Evropské unie pro ekonomy. 7. přepracované a aktualiz. Praha: Leges, 2017. 352 stran. ISBN 9788075022431. info
- recommended literature
- FIALA, Petr, Ondřej KRUTÍLEK and Markéta PITROVÁ. Evropská unie. 3., aktualizované, rozší. Brno: Centrum pro studium demokracie a kultury (CDK), 2018. 990 stran. ISBN 9788073254506. info
- BALDWIN, Richard E. and Charles WYPLOSZ. Ekonomie evropské integrace. 4. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 580 s. ISBN 9788024745688. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in the form of lectures. Lectures are divided into two parts. Each of them deals with half of the specified topics. Significant emphasis is placed on self-study. At the lectures, students can discuss problems that were not clear during the self-study.
- Assessment methods
- The written exam consists of a multiple-choice test. The minimum to pass the exam is 60% of the total points.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PREUAE a nebo PPEPEI a nebo BPR_EUAP.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2021/BKR_PIPE