ESF:MPE_MOEK Monetary Economics - Course Information
MPE_MOEK Monetary EconomicsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Josef Menšík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Jan Jonáš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Rostislav Staněk, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Ondřej Krčál, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Josef Menšík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Jan Jonáš, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lydie Pravdová
- Wed 12:00–13:35 P312
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
MPE_MOEK/2: each even Wednesday 16:20–17:55 S306, J. Jonáš
MPE_MOEK/3: Wed 18:00–19:35 S306, J. Jonáš
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ZAMI Macroeconomics I || Ex_7371_P Introduction to Macroeconomics || ZAMA Macroeconomics I (A) || Ex_7372_P Intro. to Macroeconomics (E) || PEMAKI Macroeconomics I || PEMAAI Macroeconomics I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject focuses on theoretical aspects of money, banking industry, central banks and monetary policy supplemented by selected practical aspects. The direction is especially on present form of these monetary institutions but for the reason of better understanding the present state and significants of these institutions the course focuses on selected historical cases as well. The aim of the course is the understanding of functions of three main monetary institutions – money, banks and central bank. The main topics are nature and functions of money, commodity and credit money, the nature and functions of banks and banking industry, the role and function of central bank in a monetary system, selected theories of nature of money and banking, the activity of money and monetary policy.
- Essence of Money
- Forms of Money, Commodity and Credit Money
- Fractional Banking
- Central Bank and its Role in Monetary System
- Money Supply and Selected Monetary Theories on Money
- Activity of Money
- Transmission Process
- Monetary Policy
- JÍLEK, Josef. Peníze a měnová politika. Grada, 2004. ISBN 80-247-0769-1. info
- KOHN, Meir. Financial institutions and markets. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004. xxx, 674. ISBN 0195134729. info
- WHITE, Lawrence H. The theory of monetary institutions. 1. ed. Oxford: Blackwell, 1999. xii, 269 s. ISBN 0-631-21214-0. info
- MENŠÍK, Josef. Peníze a peněžní politika (Money and Monetary Policy). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, Ekonomicko-správní fakulta, 2005. 142 pp. Distanční studijní opora. ISBN 80-210-3642-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and class discussions on seminars based on pre-reading of primary sources
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PEMOEK nebo PETMI nebo PEMTAP.
Information on course enrolment limitations: max. 30 cizích studentů; cvičení pouze pro studenty ESF
- Teacher's information