ESF:BKJ_JNJ1 Foreign Language - Course Information
BKJ_JNJ1 Foreign LanguageFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 16 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Helena Hušková (lecturer)
Bc. Mgr. Petra Chládková (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Sojková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Bc. Mgr. Petra Chládková
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Bc. Lenka Joch
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Language Centre
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! BKJ_JAZ1 Foreign Language )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/40, only registered: 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Foreign Language BKJ_JNJ1 (previosly marked with a code BKJ_JAZ1 and KJAZ)
At the beginning of the course students should:
- have elementary or lower-intermediate knowledge of the general language (English, German or French), which they can verify while taking the entrance test.
Main objectives of the course:
- to acquire and deepen the knowledge of grammatical structures;
- to expand vocabulary, placing special emphasis on professional economic and business terminology as the basis for successful professional communication;
- to develop the techniques of business correspondence in a foreign language;
- to achieve the B2 level of CEFR.
- 1. Needs
- 2. National Economy
- 3. Production
- 4. Factors of Production
- 5. Unemployment
- 6. National Product
- 7. Taxes
- 8. Economic Cycle
- 9. The Market
- 10. Free Market Economy
- 11. Legal Forms of Business
- 12. Goods
- 13. Salary
- 14. Price
- 15. Consumption
- 16. Marketing
- 17. Distribution Channels
- 18. The Environment
- 19. New travel trends
- 20. Money
- 21. Banks
- 22. Stock Exchange
- 23. Foreign Trade
- 24. The European Union
- Teaching methods
- Emphasis put on self-study.
- Assessment methods
- Course completed with an exam (written and oral).
Final mark awarded after the following criteria have been met:
- 60% pass mark for the written exam;
- 60% pass mark for the oral part involving reading comprehension of a didactised specialist text and subsequent discussion over the selected topic. Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination."
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět BKJ_JAZ1 a KJAZ. Zkoušku z jazyka může student absolvovat kdykoli v průběhu studia, nejpozději však do termínu státní závěrečné zkoušky.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.