ESF:BPF_FIU2 Financial Accounting 2 - Course Information
BPF_FIU2 Financial Accounting 2Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Petr Valouch, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Filip Hampl (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Jana Hvozdenská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Eva Hýblová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Zuzana Křížová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Josef Nešleha (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Zdeněk Strmiska (seminar tutor)
Ing. Petr Valouch, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Michaela Jurová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Ivana Kupčíková, DiS. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Thu 12:00–13:50 P101
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPF_FIU2/02: Thu 14:00–15:50 P403, P. Valouch
BPF_FIU2/03: Mon 14:00–15:50 P302b, Z. Křížová
BPF_FIU2/04: Tue 12:00–13:50 P302a, J. Nešleha
BPF_FIU2/05: Mon 16:00–17:50 P302b, Z. Křížová
BPF_FIU2/06: Thu 16:00–17:50 P403, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU2/07: Tue 16:00–17:50 P303, Z. Strmiska
BPF_FIU2/08: Wed 14:00–15:50 P302b, J. Hvozdenská
BPF_FIU2/09: Wed 8:00–9:50 S311, J. Nešleha
- ( PFFUI Financial Accounting I || BPF_FIU1 Financial Accounting 1 )&&(! PFFUII Financial Accounting II )
The course "Financial accounting II" follows Financial accounting I and other compulsory courses of the faculty and knowledge gained there.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 401 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 212/401, only registered: 3/401, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 3/401
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Finance and Law (programme ESF, B-FIPR)
- Finance and Law (programme ESF, B-FU)
- Finance (programme ESF, B-FIN)
- Finance (programme ESF, B-FU)
- Finance (programme ESF, M-FU)
- Financial and Insurance Mathematics (programme PřF, B-MA)
- Modelling and Calculations (programme PřF, B-MA)
- Business Management (programme ESF, B-EKM)
- Business Management (programme ESF, B-PEM)
- Business Management (programme ESF, M-EKM)
- Course objectives
- The course enlarges students knowledge gained in the Financial accounting I. It interconnects theoretical attitudes, principles and methods of accounting that are used in depiction of economic transactions made by particular economic subjects. There are involved detailed accounting techniques connected to company assets and liabilities, mainly related to businesses, equity and long-term borrowed capital. Students are detailed acquainted with accounting techniques connected with revenues and expenses of accounting units, with closing items at the end of accounting period and preparation of closing balance sheet, the calculation of net income, preparing of profit and loss statement, cash flow statement and Notes (financial statements). The course is aimed to acquaint students with basic accounting techniques concerning assets and liabilities of corporations. The course is specially focused on preparation of financial statements, interpretation of accounting data and of their economic sense in the processes of financial management. Finishing the course students should to know theoretical attitudes and accounting methods and their application within solving usual accounting transactions of businesses and institutions.
- Learning outcomes
- Finishing the course students should be able to:
- apply theoretical approaches to identify a problem and propose accounting solution;
- use appropriate accounting methods for presenting economic processes of companies;
- analyze economic problems, to propose accounting solution and identify its impact on net income;
- prepare financial statements of the corporation and understand their content.
- 1. The meaning and character of short-term financial assets and liabilities, their valuation, accounting techniques, inventorying and analytical evidence.
- 2. Inventory, accounting methods, valuation, inventorying and analytical evidence.
- 3. Specific accounting techniques concerning internally produced inventory. Inventory accounting at the end of accounting period.
- 4. Long-term assets and their valuation, accounting techniques concerning long-term assets.
- 5. Characteristic of clearing relations. Accounting procedures concerning receivables and liabilities from business operations.
- 6. Clearing with employees, institutions, shareholders, corporations and companies associated in group. Taxes and subsidies. Accruals and deferrals.
- 7. Owners equity and its structure. Changes in equity, capital funds, profit funds, net income.
- 8. Long-term borrowed capital and reserves, obligation emission and long-term bank credits, accounting techniques.
- 9. Expenses and revenues, accounting procedures, net income, analytical evidence related to income tax. Calculation of the base for income tax, income tax.
- 10. Closing the books. Control of completeness, correctness and conclusive evidence of accounting, inventorying of assets and liabilities and closing items.
- 11. and 12. Preparation of financial statements – balance sheet, income statement, Notes to the financial statements, cash flow statement and equity changes statement.
- 13. Information technologies in accounting, software products.
- required literature
- SEDLÁČEK, Jaroslav, Eva HÝBLOVÁ, Zuzana KŘÍŽOVÁ and Petr VALOUCH. Finanční účetnictví (postupy účtování) (Financial Accounting (Accounting Procedures)). 1. vyd. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, s.r.o., 2017. 239 pp. Účetnictví. ISBN 978-80-7380-644-6. info
- recommended literature
- SEDLÁČEK, Jaroslav, Eva HÝBLOVÁ, Zuzana KŘÍŽOVÁ a Petr VALOUCH. Praktikum finančního účetnictví k osvojení postupů účtování v obchodních společnostech. 2. vyd. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, s.r.o., 2014. 157 s. ISBN 978-80-7380-485-5
- RYNEŠ, Petr. Podvojné účetnictví a účetní závěrka : průvodce podvojným účetnictvím k 1.1.2018. 18. aktualizované vydání. Olomouc: Anag, 2018. 1063 stran. ISBN 9788075541161. info
- DVOŘÁKOVÁ, Dana. Finanční účetnictví a výkaznictví podle mezinárodních standardů IFRS. 4. aktualiz. a rozš. vyd. Brno: BizBooks, 2014. xi, 327. ISBN 9788026501497. info
- Teaching methods
- Theory on lectures. Practical accounting of economic operations typical for businesses using relevant chart of accounts on seminars. Preparation of financial statements.
- Assessment methods
- Continuous assessment within the course, fulfilment concurrently:
compulsory attendance of seminars, only three absences are tolerated,
public presence of an assigned example,
passing of two partial control tests evaluated maximally by 27 points per test. Minimal required score: 17 points per each test. If this condition is not fulfilled it is possible to compensate it only by passing of a summary correction test evaluated by 27 points as maximum and 17 points as required minimum.
Written exam test may content multiple choice, from 2 to 3 theoretical questions and from 2 to 3 practical examples. As maximum student can get 30 points, for successful passing the exam test 19 points is required as minimum.
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Credit evaluation note: k = 1,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BPF_FIU2