FI:IA158 Real Time Systems - Course Information
IA158 Real Time SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Brázdil, Ph.D. (lecturer), RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Jan Koniarik (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Brázdil, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Basic programming skill in C is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 48 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should: know specific aspects of real-time systems; understand main problems of the design of real-time systems and know some solutions; be able to use formal reasoning about real-time systems.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student will have a comprehensive knowledge of real time systems and related areas. Will be able to distinguish basic types of real-time systems. Will be aware of typical design errors in real-time and embedded systems and their standard solutions. Will understand fundamental real-time scheduling and resource management algorithms. Will have a basic knowledge of implementation details of these algorithms in standard programming environments.
- Real-time aspects of embedded systems; examples of real-time systems. Soft and hard real-time systems.
- Real-time scheduling: periodic and aperiodic tasks, priority-driven scheduling, resource access control.
- Basic information about real-time operating systems and programming.
- recommended literature
- J.W.S. Liu: Real-Time Systems. Prentice-Hall, 2000
- not specified
- CIBRARIO BERTOLOTTI, Ivan and Gabriele MANDUCHI. Real-time embedded systems : open-source operating systems perspective. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 2012. xxvii, 506. ISBN 9781439841549. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- homework exercises, oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2022/IA158