FI:PA186 Interim Project II - Course Information
PA186 Interim Project IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/8. 7 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Alena Hooperová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Bc. Alena Hooperová
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- PA185 Interim Project I && SOUHLAS
Strictly after PA185
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to work on a junior level position in a service oriented company.
- Business oriented or more research oriented alternative can be chosen.
- This is the research oriented alternative - second part.
- The Interim Project is based on taking an internship in an organisation (company, state authority etc.) with focus in the area of study. Interim duration is 300 working hours of which at least 160 take place within the tuition period. Daily working shift will not exceed 8 hours.
- Student continues their internship in the same organisation as PA185 whilst the company guarantor should remain the same as in PA185.
- PA186 is the second half of the internship that continues in the same organisation as PA185 in the subsequent term. Exceptions are only possible with the lecturer’s consent.
- Previous completion of PA185 is an essential precondition for approval of the registration/enrolment of PA186.
- In the course of the term students will deliver the interim report electronically using the Homework Vaults (deadline to be specified by the lecturer). The students will file Technical Report via IS ten days before the end of the course, while presentation and Confirmation of Completion (of PA186) must be uploaded three days before the end of the course.
- In the examination period, the lecturer will announce dates for final interviews with students that provide basis for final assessment.
- Humpolíček, Pavel - Uhrová, Alena. Desatero pro praxi - aneb jak využít povinnost.
- Teaching methods
- Internship within a business partner organization. Work on real-life projects with service orientation. Comparation of learned theory with practice. Feedback elaboration.
- Assessment methods
- A technical report on the project and a public presentation of results on a faculty seminar is required to obtain the colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Research - 2nd semester: credit value: 7+1 ECTS.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses