FI:PV170 Design of Digital Systems - Course Information
PV170 Design of Digital SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bedřich Said (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 18:00–19:50 B411
- Course PV170 is an introductory subject of study. It is advisable to complete the course PB170 in parallel. In course PB170 you will gain practical experience and skills of working with digital circuits, with digital circuit design systems and digital circuit modeling and simulation.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 74 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this course is understand and master basic theoretical knowledge and practical virtuosity necessary for description and for design digital systems. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
Fundamentals of the logical algebra and logical function.
Design of the simple combination circuits.
Design of the elemental sequential circuits.
- Learning outcomes
- Student understands the fundaments of logic algebra, combination circuit desing, sequential circuit design.
- Theory of the encoding and data representation
- Logic algebra and optimalization of logical terms.
- Implementation arithmetic and logical operations into digital systems.
- Realization and principles of digital circuits.
- Optimization of digital circuits structure and operation.
- Fundamental logic circuits and digital computer modules
- Methodology of combinational and sequential circuits design.
- Basic operational units of digital systems
- recommended literature
- John F. Wakerly, Digital Design: Principles and Practices (4th Edition) , Prentice Hall, 2005.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 2 parts:
1) evaluation during the semester of assigned tasks and written tests or final written test on the topic - logical algebra, digital circuit design and digital circuit connection analysis,
2) in the case of the choice of the final written test follow oral examination on the topic - methods of digital circuit design.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- The course deals with the theory of digital circuit design. The practical part of the design of digital circuits is dealt with in the subject PB170. Most of the study materials and all technical documentation and instructions for use are available in English.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2019/PV170