FI:PV156 Digital Photography - Course Information
PV156 Digital PhotographyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Tomáš Slavíček (lecturer), Mgr. Jiří Víšek (deputy)
prof. Ing. Jiří Sochor, CSc. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Jiří Sochor, CSc.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 18:00–19:50 D2
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 100 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/100, only registered: 0/100, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/100
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Digital Photography subject has two main parts: photographic technology and digital photography processing. Content of Digital Photography subject covers actual digital photography cameras and teaches how to edit digital photos on a computer. Student who pass this course will gain enough practical experiences with photographic technology and digital photography processing.
- Different types of photographic cameras, non-standard cameras, film and digital photography, digital sensor types (CCD, CMOS, SuperCCD, Foveon), sensor strengths and weaknesses, crop factor and full frame, another parts of photographic devices. Strenghts and weaknesses of digital photography.
- Lens types, wide, standard and telefocus, non-standard lenses. Lens characterization and build. Optical and build defects. Other accessories for cameras (hardware).
- Format types (JPEG, TIFF, RAW), basic and advanced adjustment in photo editing, work with layers, software for photo editing. Removing defects made by sensors or lens. Further possibilities for digital photography (collage, photo-graphics...).
- LINDNER, Petr, Tomáš TŮMA and Miroslav MYŠKA. Velká kniha digitální fotografie. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2008. 271 s. ISBN 9788025120057. info
- Pocket encyclopedia of creative photography (Orig.) : Tvůrčí fotografie : praktická ilustrovaná příručka. info
- DICKMAN, Jay and Jay KINGHORN. Perfect digital photography. Computer Press, 2010. 424 pp. ISBN 978-80-251-2816-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures are once a week. It is not required to attend lessons, but it is recommended. There are assigned homeworks at lectures during whole semester.
- Assessment methods
- Each student must accomplish homeworks assigned during semester to pass this course.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2011, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2011/PV156