FI:PV249 Vývoj v jazyce Ruby - Course Information
PV249 Vývoj v jazyce RubyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Marek Jelen (lecturer), Mgr. Ivan Nečas (deputy)
Mgr. Ivan Nečas (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Tomáš Pitner, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 10:00–11:50 G123
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Experience with some programming language (C/C++/Java/Python).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Course objectives
- The student will learn how to develop in the Ruby programming language. Ruby is modern, dynamic, strongly typed language that is gaining tractions thanks to it's simple syntax, strong support for metaprogramming and huge community of developers. Ruby can be used for developing GUI, web or mobile applications.
We will learn to program in Ruby, how to create web applications, how to do testing. Afterward we will cover the deployment options and the possibility to integrate with JVM using JRuby.
- Ruby Syntax and basic programming techniques
- Metaprogramming Ruby
- Web applications
- Git crash course
- Regular expressions
- JRuby and Java integration
- Teaching methods
- projects, external lecturers, seminars
- Assessment methods
- projects, seminar activity
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.