FI:PA173 Mathematical Morphology - Course Information
PA173 Mathematical MorphologyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Matula, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Jiří Sochor, CSc.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Petr Matula, Ph.D.
- Wed 15:00–15:50 B311, Wed 16:00–17:50 B410
- Knowledge at the level of the lecture PA170 is assumed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The lecture is focused on mathematical morphology in image analysis. The methods will be discussed from theoretical, application and algorithmic point of view. Students can try the methods on simple practical examples.
- Structuring element and its decomposition
- Basic morphological operators (erosion, dilation, opening, closing, top-hat, ...)
- Hit-or-miss transform, skeletons
- Geodesic transformations and metrics
- Morphological reconstructions
- Morphological filters
- Segmentation, watershed transform, markers
- Efficient implementation of morphological operators
- SOILLE, Pierre. Morphological Image Analysis: Principles and Applications. 2nd edition. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2003. ISBN 3-540-42988-3. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Písemná zkouška, nutná účast na cvičeních a domácí práce.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.