FI:PV204 Lab - security, appl. crypto 2 - Course Information
PV204 Laboratory of security and applied cryptography IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- Ing. Mgr. et Mgr. Zdeněk Říha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Jan Krhovják, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Marek Kumpošt, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Václav Lorenc (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Andrij Stecko, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Švenda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Tuček (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Mon 14:00–15:50 C516, Tue 9:00–10:50 C516
- Registration to PV181 requires: 1) ability to work independently; 2) long-term interest in IT security (having done another IT security and/or cryptology courses and description of your interest in 3-10 sentences); 3) programming skills (ideally C and Java) under Unix/Linux or Win32; 4) fluent English; 5) team work ability.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students work an various aspects of cryptography and IT security, also help with the research projects of the lab (LaBAK - the Laboratory of security and applied cryptography).
- Biometric systems (error rates, keyboard typing, voice verification, face recognition, fingerprints and their security, calculation of error rates). Network security (eavesdropping, security of active network entities, IDS systems, vulnerability scanning, wireless networks). Security of operating systems (Windows, Linux, rootkits, viruses, web applications).
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Výuka je jen zčásti rozvrhována, jinak studenti pracují podle vlastního uvážení a možností na úkolech zadaných vyučujícími. Domácích úkolů je celkem 14 po 10 bodech. Pro získání zápočtu je třeba získat 50 % bodů. Two hours per week are scheduled for seminars, otherwise students work on projects, homeworks etc. in their free time. There are 14 homeworks (10 points each). To get the credit (Z) 50% of the points are required.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.