FI:PV174 Laboratory of EM Applications - Course Information
PV174 Laboratory of Electronic and Multimedia ApplicationsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sojka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Gomola (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sojka, Ph.D.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PV174/01: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 15:00–16:50 A502, P. Sojka
PV174/02: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Thu 10:00–11:50 A502, P. Sojka
Willingness to work on LEMMA Lab projects in the following areas:
- research in the areas of search and representation of knowledge, digital typography, machine learning, ... (spring and autumn); - use of video technology for e-learning and the preparation of educational video materials (spring and autumn); - Support and mentoring of the course
(autumn) and (spring) with the production of the traditional Film Festival of the Faculty of Informatics (Spring).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 77 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to teach students how to work independently on audiovisual projects of the laboratory (film festival, materials for e-learning, documentary projects and their mentoring), or participation in laboratory research.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- participate in multimedia production and cooperate on the organizational and creative aspects of the creation of short films or
- research work and communication in a team.
Students also improve their soft skills.
- Audiovisual section LEMMA:
- Available camera technology and its capabilities for low cost production. Preparation of documentation and recommendations for shooting procedures.
- Available sound technology and its use possibilities. Document processing and recommendations for sound recording workflows.
- Available photo technology and its use possibilities. Document processing and workflow recommendations scanning, documentary photography.
- Available sw for mass word processing. Document processing and workflow recommendations for working with large databases of texts (DVD 10 @ FI type).
- Research section LEMMA:
- Fundamentals and principles of research work in mir.fi.muni.cz, gait.fi.muni.cz or lemma.fi.muni.cz
- Teaching methods
- The teaching method is personal leadership and discussion of the audiovisual and/or research projects of the laboratory, presentations.
- Assessment methods
- The condition for a successful ending is the realization of a small project (mentoring of the organizational group of the festival, elaboration of a report of the topic related to
and , e.g. preparation of recommendation of using some technique, processing of digital video archive,...) or active collaboration on a laboratory's scientific experiment.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information