FI:DEMBSY Embedded systems - Course Information
DEMBSY Embedded systemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/0/2. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Petr Hliněný, Ph.D.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Informatics
- ! NOWANY ( DFOME Formal Methods , DMKZI Quantum Information Processing , DPGZO Graphics & Image Processing , DMPOS Computer Networks Methods , DMZDD Digital Data Processing , DPITS EIT Systems and Services , DZPJUI NLP and AI Methods , DPOSO Advances in Concurrency , DRPSEC Research in comp.security ) && SOUHLAS
Courses PA174 - Design of Digital Systems II, PA176 - Digital Systems Architecture II, PA175 - Digital Systems Diagnostics II and PB161 - C++ programming are necessary for current course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is led by tutor and particular topics by experts from Design and Architecture Digital System Laboratory. Main aim of this course is merge both grant and individual investigative activities and basic research bearing on embedded systems design. Students will work individually. Topic of the work will cohere with actual investigative and experimental activities of the laboratory. Concrete topic will select in discussion (tutor and lab. expert). Example of topics - design of the real-time embedded systems, HW modeling, fault tolerant system design, reliability the digital systems and design and dependability of the distributed systems.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to: independent work in the design and implementation of the digital system
- Analysis of a task.
- State of the art.
- Proposal of a solution.
- Realization of the solution.
- Testing of the solution.
- Suggestion of next steps of the problem solution.
- alote P.: Fault Tolerant in Distributed Systems. Prentice Hall. 1994.
- Trivedi K.: Probability and Statistics with Reliability, Queuing, and Computer Science Applications. John Wiley and Sons, new edition, 2001.
- Siewiorek D., Swartz R.: The Theory and Practice of Reliable System Design. A. K. Peters, third edition. 1999.
- Thomas D.E., Moorby P.R.: The Verilog hardware description language. Springer, 2002.
- Li Q., YaoC.: Real Time Concepts for Embeded Systems, CMP Books, 2006.
- Lala P.: Self-Checking and Fault Tolerant Digital Design. Morgan Kaufmann, 2000.
- Pradhan D.K.: Fault-Tolerant Computer System Design. Prentice-Hall, first edition, 1996.
- ALTERA: Advanced VHDL Design Techniques. WEB sources ALTERA company.
- Shooman M.L.: Reliability of Computer Systems and Networks - Fault Tolerance, Analysis and Design. Wiley Interscience, 2002.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and individual project that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Main methods of the tuition are individual work on concrete problem solution of the embedded systems design. Completion of the course is credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- DFOME Formal Methods in Theory and Practice
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DMKZI,DPGZO,DMPOS,DMZDD,DPITS,DZPJUI,DPOSO,DRPSEC) && SOUHLAS
- DMKZI Quantum Information Processing Methods
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DPGZO,DMPOS,DMZDD,DPITS,DZPJUI,DPOSO,DRPSEC) && souhlas
- DMPOS Computer Networks Methods
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DMKZI,DPGZO,DMZDD,DPITS,DZPJUI,DPOSO,DRPSEC) && souhlas
- DMZDD Digital Data Processing Methods
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DMKZI,DPGZO,DMPOS,DPITS,DZPJUI,DPOSO,DRPSEC) && souhlas
- DPGZO Computer Graphics and Image Processing
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DMKZI,DMPOS,DMZDD,DPITS,DZPJUI,DPOSO,DRPSEC) && souhlas
- DPITS Enterprise IT Systems and Services
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DMKZI,DPGZO,DMPOS,DMZDD,DZPJUI,DPOSO,DRPSEC) && souhlas
- DPOSO Advances in Concurrency
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DMKZI,DPGZO,DMPOS,DMZDD,DPITS,DZPJUI,DRPSEC) && souhlas
- DRPSEC Research project in computer security
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DMKZI,DPGZO,DMPOS,DMZDD,DPITS,DZPJUI,DPOSO) && souhlas
- DZPJUI Advanced Methods for Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence
!NOWANY(DEMBSY,DFOME,DMKZI,DPGZO,DMPOS,DMZDD,DPITS,DPOSO,DRPSEC) && souhlas
- DFOME Formal Methods in Theory and Practice
- Teacher's information
- Výuka předmětu bude vedena v angličtině.