The aim of the course: to receive information and knowledge about volunteering in the framework of physical activities and sports. To obtain skills in volunteering so that course graduates are able to be successful volunteers within sports events including sports events of disabled athletes.
- skills in volunteering
1. Volunteering: intention, legislation, variants of volunteering.
2. Volunteering and sport: European and/or national - local opportunities for volunteering, rights and obligations of volunteers
3. Volunteering and disabled sports: type of events, communication, sensitive data, volunteers positions
4. Volunteering in Special Olympics: SO aims, type of programs
Benson, A. M. & Wise N. (2017). International Sports Volunteering. New York: Routledge. ISBN 978-1-138-69777
- interactive lecture, discussion, reading and self- preparation, practice, feedback
- Active participation and discussion (direct lectures)
- Written (or ppt.) tasks:
a) experience with volunteering before the course
b) national habits or system of the sports volunteering
c) bibliography – related to “home” country
- Participation in sports events: 2 days within general sports (Brno area)+ 1 week-end within Special Olympics (16.-19. Nov. 2017)
- Closing feedback (written background, discussion): 18. 12. 2017
Language of instruction
Further comments (probably available only v češtině)
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 2 days intensive course + practical training.