FSpS:e001 Corrective Exercises - Course Information
e001 Corrective ExercisesFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Ivan Struhár, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ivan Struhár, Ph.D.
Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- e001/01: Mon 15:00–15:50 117 - hala úpolových sportů, I. Struhár
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 16 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/16, only registered: 0/16
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The content of the subject is the teaching of diagnostic methods of the locomotive apparatus necessary for the correct identification of the negative effects of the sport on the athlete's health. In addition, the design of a compensation exercise plan will be taught with an emphasis on the health specifics of individual sports.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student is able to:
- to perform diagnostic methods of motion system
- to apply the didactic principles of compensatory exercises
- to create a compensation plan within the training process
- 1. Functional disorders of the locomotor system, diagnostic, compensatory means,didactic principles of compensatory proces
- 2. Didactic principles of compensatory exercises (breathing, relaxing, releasing, stretching, strengthening, balancing)
- 3. Compensatory exercises in training proces
- recommended literature
- Houglum,Peggy A. 1948 Therapeutic exercise for musculoskeletal injuries. Human Kinetics. ISBN 13:978-0-7360-5136-1
- BURSOVÁ, Marta. Kompenzační cvičení : uvolňovací, protahovací, posilovací. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2005. 195 s. ISBN 9788024709482. info
- BURSOVÁ, Marta, Jaromír VOTÍK and Jiří ZALABÁK. Kompenzační cvičení pro fotbalisty. První vyd. Praha: Olympia, 2003. 95 s. ISBN 8070337931. info
- Teaching methods
- 1. Lectures
2. Class Discussion
- Assessment methods
- 1. Written essay oriented to a chosen topic
2. Each student will present prescription of corrective exercises in regards to selected sport
- Language of instruction