FSpS:e020 Body and Mind - Course Information
e020 Body and MindFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Alena Skotáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Alena Skotáková, Ph.D.
Division of Gymnastics - Department of Gymnastics and Combatives - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Department of Gymnastics and Combatives - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 4/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The aim is, that student was able to use the theoretical knowledge and practical experience of physical activities Body and Mind in profession. Will be able to explain the importance of the mutual influence of movement and mind, the work of deep stabilization of the spine. The students will acquire a deeper awareness of the practice's own body, will be able to work with breath, balance and stabilization training, to activate the deep stabilizing system of the spine and to understand the general style of leadership lessons Body and Mind.
- A general introduction to the lessons of Body and Mind: importance of the mutual influence of movement and mind, working deep spinal stabilization system, practice a deeper awareness of your own body, working with breath, balance and stabilization training Individual types of lessons Body and Mind:
- Forms of yoga (ashtanga, power yoga, fitness yoga, hatha yoga,...) - basic principles, composition lessons, leadership lessons
- Pilates - Basic principles, composition lessons, leadership lessons
- Chi-toning - basic principles, composition lessons, leadership lessons
- Port de Bras - basic principles, composition lessons, leadership lessons
- Body Balance - basic principles, composition lessons, leadership lessons
- Balance exercises (with its own body, with overballs with Fitball, Bosu a) - basic principles, composition lessons, leadership lessons
- • Dituro, D. Hatha Yoga Asanas, 2012, HUMAN KINETICS , ISBN 9781450414852
- • Massey, P. Sports Pilates, 2011, CICO BOOKS, ISBN 9781907563676
- • Isacowitz, R. Pilates Anatomy. Human Kinetics, ISBN 9780736083867, 2011
- • Kelly E., Pilates Yoga, 2009, SOUTHWATER CHILDREN´S, ISBN 9781844768806
- LONG, Ray. The key muscles of hatha yoga. Illustrated by Chris Macivor. [Plattsburgh, N.Y.]: Bandha Yoga Publications, 2005. 187 s. ISBN 0977961400. info
- Teaching methods
- theoretical training, practical exercises
- Assessment methods
- active participation in lessons,microteaching to specification,
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2020/e020