FSpS:p904 Physical Education - Climbing - Course Information
p904 Physical Education - ClimbingFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Kateřina Kolářová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Jarmila Titzová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kateřina Kolářová, Ph.D.
University Sport Centre - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Kolářová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: University Sport Centre - Faculty of Sports Studies
The course is geared for obligatory PE only.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 18 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/18, only registered: 16/18, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/18
- Course objectives
- The main goals of the educational process involve: - the improvement of the locomotive abilities and fitness - the impact on the positive approach towards sports activities considered as the protection against conflicts, civilization diseases and stress - the support of students healthy lifestyle - training of basic skills and theoretical knowledge of climbing. Lessons are focused on climbing and is not about teaching English any case.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student will be able to:
- control climbing terminology;
- work correctly with the belaying equipement and use proper belaying technique;
- apply the theoretical principles of climbing;
- move safely on an artificial climbing wall
- Basic items and used instructions. Rope work. Belay and climbing technique.
- HAGUE, Dan and Douglas HUNTER. The self-coached climber : the guide to movement, training, performance. Mechanicsburg, Pa.: Stackpole Books, 2006. xi, 228. ISBN 0811733394. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical exercises. Group methods.
- Assessment methods
- - exercise, credit - the credit is given to students for the attendance - 3classes can be misses and there is no need of any apology - the substitution of more absence sis not allowed
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Minimální počet studentů přihlášených do seminární skupiny je 5
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2020/p904