FSpS:e010 Physical Activities Disabled - Course Information
e010 Physical Activities with Diseases and DisabilitiesFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Ivan Struhár, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ivan Struhár, Ph.D.
Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The content of the subject is to provide students with possibilities of working with people with special needs.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student is able to:
- to perform diagnostic methods of motion system
- to apply the didactic principles with working selected disabilities
- to create a compensation plan
- 1. Functional disorders of the locomotor system, diagnostic, compensatory means,didactic principles of compensatory proces
- 2. Didactic principles of compensatory exercises (breathing, relaxing, releasing, stretching, strengthening, balancing)
- 3. Compensatory exercises in the training process
- 4. The Sensorimotor system, chain reactions
- 5. Normalization of Peripheral structures
- 6. Sensorimotor training
- 7. Basic diagnostics of locomotor apparatus
- 8. Disorders of locomotor apparatus
- 9. Disorders of pulmonary apparatus
- 10.Disorders of cardiovascular apparatus
- 11.Metabolic disorders – Obesity
- 12.Metabolic disorders – Diabetes mellitus
- 13.Neuropsychological disorders
- 14.Disorders of senses
- MOORE, Geoffrey E., J. Larry DURSTINE and Patricia L. PAINTER. ACSM's exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and disabilities. Fourth edition. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2016. xxiii, 391. ISBN 9781450434140. info
- DURSTINE, J. Larry and Geoffrey E. MOORE. ACSM's exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and disabilities. 2nd ed. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 2003. ix, 374 s. ISBN 0-7360-3872-8. info
- Successful aging and adaptations with chronic diseases. Edited by Leonard W. Poon - Sarah Hall Gueldner - Betsy M. Sprouse. New York: Springer Pub., 2003. xiii, 261. ISBN 0826119751. info
- Teaching methods
- 1. Lectures
2. Class Discussion
- Assessment methods
- 1. Written essay oriented to a chosen topic
2. Each student will present prescription of corrective exercises in regards to selected diseases
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses