FSS:D_AJ_1 English - Course Information
D_AJ_1 English 1Faculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Petra Trávníková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dana Plíšková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. Petra Trávníková, Ph.D.
Language Centre Faculty of Social Studies Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Hana Hoblová
Supplier department: Language Centre Faculty of Social Studies Division - Language Centre
- ( FAKULTA ( FSS ))&&( TYP_STUDIA ( D ))&&! OBOR ( PLA )&&! OBOR ( MVA )&&! OBOR ( EVSA )&&! OBOR ( HEA )&&(! OBOR ( SOA )&&! OBOR ( SPA )&&! OBOR ( PSOA )&&! OBOR ( PSSA )&&! OBOR ( PSVA ))
The student should have a CEFR (Common European Framework Reference for Languages) C1 level of English language competence in speaking and oral interaction to obtain recognition for this course code.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The AIM of this course is to verify that the student has at least a CEFR C1 level of English in SPEAKING and ORAL INTERACTION.
- This is a COURSE CODE meant ONLY for RECOGNITION of LANGUAGE LEVEL. The student may choose one of the forms described in the ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA (see the section below) to fulfill the SPEAKING and ORAL INTERACTION part).
- There is NO class participation component.
- REINHART, Susan M. Giving academic presentations. 2nd ed. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2013. xiii, 185. ISBN 9780472035090. info
- Presentation secretsdo what you never thought possible with your presentations. Edited by Alexei Kapterev. Indianapolis: Wiley, 2011. xv, 288 p. ISBN 9781118170458. info
- Heller, Richard. High Impact Speeches. London: Pearson Education Limited, 2003. ISBN: 0-273-66202-3
- Ford-Brown, Lisa A. Guide to Public Speaking. Pearson Education, 2013. 978-0-205-75011-5
- Seminar Materials: A1 Seminars 2 & 3, A2 Seminar 1
- Teaching methods
- In addition to the bibliography, there are self-study materials and instructions for the student to consult in the STUDY MATERIALS folders in IS.
- Assessment methods
- The ORAL PART of the exam can take one of the following forms:
A) INTERVIEW with the examiner on a given topic (c. 30 min.)
B) submitting a certificate/proof of having given a PRESENTATION in English at an international conference
C) submitting a C1 (CEFR) level CERTIFICATE (in general or specialized English)
D) submitting proof of MASTER'S STUDIES in English
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2020/D_AJ_1