FSS:PSYb2690 History of psychology - Course Information
PSYb2690 History of psychologyFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Lukas Blinka, PhD. (lecturer)
Mgr. Hynek Cígler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Macek, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Thu 12:00–13:40 P51 Posluchárna V. Čermáka
- ! PSY269 History of psychology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students gain a basic overview on history of psychology, particularly focused on main figures (representative psychologists) and key issues in the field. Students are able to think critically and to aply critical thinking in the course the psychology learning. The part of course is focused on "revisited" principle as an integral part of science.
- Learning outcomes
- Student is able to name the main:
periods within the development of psychology in the era before scientific discipline was established;
periods of scientific psychology during the 20. centtury;
influential and represenative figures of psychology in the past;
issues in psychology.
Student is able to give the systematic overview of history of psychology.
- Psychology before Freud.
- Freud, Jung and dynamic psychology.
- Gestalt psychology.
- Behavioral and cognitive psychology.
- Influential theories in psychology in the course of 20th centrury.
- Influential psychologists in psychology in the course of 20th centrury.
- Princip revisited at the end of 20th century: What does need to be reconsidered and revisited in psychology?
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written test and essay or commentaries.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2021/PSYb2690