FSS:SOC510 Thesis Project - Course Information
SOC510 Thesis ProjectFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Benjamin Jeremiah Vail, Ph.D., M.Sc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Ladislav Rabušic, CSc.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Students enrol this course in their next to the last intended term before they sit for final exam and defence of the thesis as a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Sociology (programme FSS, N-SO)
- Course objectives
- The student’s task is to elaborate a proposal of his/her diploma thesis with a research design, or a part of the final version of the thesis respectively.
By the end of the course, the student will have:
- Defined the thesis topic
- Designed and scheduled the research tasks
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor during the process of thesis completion.
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách : několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vydání první. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 stran. ISBN 9788086429403. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Research design. Edited by D. A. De Vaus. 1st pub. London: Sage Publications, 2006. lv, 358. ISBN 0761944877. info
- Teaching methods
- The method of teaching involves consultations between the student and academic supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- This course takes the form of individual consultations of students’ theses with their supervisors. It concludes with a credit granted by the supervisor. The conditions of granting a credit are in competence of the supervisor and depend on mutual agreement between the student and the supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- SOC535 Thesis seminar
- SOC535 Thesis seminar
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2013/SOC510