FSS:SPRn8898 Thesis Methodology - Course Information
SPRn8898 Thesis MethodologyFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Sat 24. 9. 9:00–15:40 P31 Posluchárna A. I. Bláhy
- Students enroll in the subject SPR898 three semesters before the end of standard time of their MA studies. Teaching consists in one day (7 hours) seminar taking part at the beginning of the semester and in individual consulting of stduents with their supervisors. Students submitt individual writings according to the timeschdule during the semester.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- 1. Students become known with theoretical, methodological and formal expectations of the Department of social policy and social work concerning final works of the students. 2. The second aim of the course is to support students in designing their basic research questions.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to present their basic research question and to explain how the results of final work should promote solution of the specific problem in practice
- The course is devoted to the following topics and issues:
- 1. Formal procedure of elaborating final work.
- 2. The design of final work in terms of research methodology.
- 3. Designing text of final work.
- 4. Stating “problem”.
- 5. Designing basic research question.
- Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost :příručka pro uživatele. Edited by Miroslav Disman. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Teaching methods
- The course consists in lectures and group consultations on formulating the problem and defining basic research questions in terms of the problem.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by credit which is preconditioned by handing in the elaborated topic, submitting and acceptance of mutually consistent symbolic, aplication and research goal, and by handing in reasoning of research question.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2022/SPRn8898