FSS:PSY168 Truth and Lie in Communication - Course Information
PSY168 Truth and Lie in CommunicationFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D.
- each odd Wednesday 10:00–13:30 G31
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Aim: To lead toward systematically exploration theme "truth" and "lie" from psychological view of point. To lead toward critical thinking and carefulness in the field of interpretations.
1. "Psychology of lie". Sub-theme, its limits and links. Links toward social, cognitive and cultural psychology, psychology of personality, clinical and counselling psychology, connections between philosophy and psychology.
2. Lie as a problem. How to know who lies and who is talking true. Unconsciousness, and lies. Consciousness, and lie. Hierarchy of lies. Successful lie.
3. Causality of lies. Anxiety and lies, lies for benefit, habituation to lying, manipulative lying
4. Lying and role playing. Lying in role. Self-concept and lying
5. Topography of lying. Lies between men and women, be untrue, lies in sexuality, lies in organisations, lies in marketing, in business, in politic.
6. Forms of lying. Sophisticated lies
7. Detection possibilities
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information