FSS:SPRb1279 Thesis - Course Information
SPRb1279 Thesis WorkshopFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Žižlavský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- The course is enrolled in the semester when student plans submit his or her final work. Submitting final work elaborated in accordance with the assignment in predetermined date is prerequisite for credit recognition.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Work (programme FSS, B-SPR) (6)
- Course objectives
- On successful completion of the course student will be able to apply key principles of research methodology, to make his or her own research and to present its results in the form of thesis in accordance with the theoretical, methodological and formal demands of the field of study.
- Learning outcomes
- Write diploma thesis according to the professional standard of the field; Apply the principles of research methodology; To know and apply the formal requirements of the professional style of all the principles of quoting a professional text; Apply in practice ethical standards to scientific research;
- The course is devoted to the following topics and issues:
- 1. Empirical research.
- 2. Interpretation of findings in terms of relevant research questions.
- 3. Presentation of research results by means of academic text.
- Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost :příručka pro uživatele. Edited by Miroslav Disman. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Teaching methods
- The learning outcomes of the course will be attained by means of following teaching methods: 1. Making original research (including elaborating theoretical a methodical design, collecting empirical information and interpreting it) by student. 2. Expressing information on research process and research results by thesis writing in accordance with academic manners of arguing by student. 3. Individual consultation by thesis supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- Assessment consists in two steps: 1. The course is completed by credit which is preconditioned by handing in the final work in accordance with the formal expectations of the Department of social policy and social work. 2. Passing the credit is prerequisite for defending thesis before commission. Defending thesis is part of final state examination. Commission assess quality of the thesis in terms of theoretical a methodical design as well as interpretation of empirical information collected.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.