PrF:BV301Zk Sociol. and Psych. of Law - Course Information
BV301Zk Selected Chapters in Sociology of Law and Psychology of LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Martina Urbanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Karin Brzobohatá, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Drahomíra Houbová, CSc. (lecturer)
JUDr. Dušan Čurila, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Martina Urbanová, Ph.D.
Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Věra Šilingrová
- Fri 30. 9. 13:30–15:00 140, 15:05–16:35 140, 16:40–18:10 140, Fri 4. 11. 8:00–9:30 140, 9:35–11:05 140, 11:10–12:40 140
- Basic knowledge from secondary school in the area of social sciences
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Legal Questions of Land Register (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Law and Finance (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Law and International Trade (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Law and Business (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Social Security Law (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Theory and Practice of Criminal Procedure (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Public Administration (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Senior Officer of Justice (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Course objectives
- Selected Chapters in Sociology of Law and Psychology of Law studies the relationship between law and society the mechanism of law in action to society. Psychology of law studies aims of psychologie in course of legal application, basic psychological processes and states of personality, psychopatology and law. At the End of the course should be able to: understand and explain relationship between law and society.Students will be able to explain the mechanism of law in action to society. Work with information on Sociology and Psychology in law.Graduates of the course are practically able abide by the rules of modern knowledges about creative work. Graduates of the course are able to recognize the basic symptoms of healthy and pathological communication. Graduates of the course are able to reduce the communication difficulties in practice of studied fields.
- Definition of sociology of law, great authors and main lines of sociology of law Social deviancy and social kontrol Sociological methods in the study of law Psychology as a science, branches of psychology and law Basic psychological processes and states of personality, Psychopathology and law Use of psychological data in course of legal application
- required literature
- Večeřa, Miloš - Urbanová, Martina Vybrané kapitoly ze sociologie a psychologie práva. Ćást 1. sociologická. Brno: Masarykova univerzita.2010. ISBN 978-80-210-5064-8
- recommended literature
- URBANOVÁ, Martina. Systémy sociální kontroly a právo. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2006. 191 s. ISBN 8086898946. info
- Houbová Drahomíra a kol. Psychologie pro právníky. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2008. ISBN 9788073801007
- VEČEŘA, Miloš and Martina URBANOVÁ. Sociologie práva. Plzeň: Aleš Čeněk, 2006. 335 s. ISBN 8086898725. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion,consultations, homework.
- Assessment methods
- The final test is composed of written and verbal examination Written examination, 8 questions, minimum 50% correct answers. Oral examination, 1 question and overview next questions, minimum 50% correct answers.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hod. přednášek za semestr / 12 hrs of lectures per semester.