PrF:MVV114K California Bar Exam - Course Information
MVV114K California Bar Exam, a Substantive and Procedural ReviewFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Dr. Michael Svoboda, B.A. (seminar tutor), JUDr. Jiří Valdhans, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Jiří Valdhans, Ph.D.
Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Mgr. Věra Redrupová, B.A.
Supplier department: Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV114K/01: Mon 3. 12. 16:40–18:10 S71, 18:15–19:45 S71, Tue 4. 12. 16:40–18:10 038, 18:15–19:45 038, Wed 5. 12. 16:40–18:10 034, 18:15–19:45 126
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/30, only registered: 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV)
- Course objectives
- Culmination of any legal training in US is the taking of the bar. The goal of this course is to acquaint Czech students with the California state licensing examination or “The Bar”, a grueling three day marathon. Students should acquire an appreciation for what is tested, how, and what test skills are required to pass.
- This class examines what American law students learn in law schools and how it prepares them to pass the bar. Students shall take and analyze actual bar exams questions. As there are performance, essay and multiple choice aspects to the exam, substantive law will be reviewed on a as needed basis.
- Study materials will be handed out during the course.
- Teaching methods
- Students will be presented with past exam questions and asked to analyze them. Substantive law review and discussion will ensue. Access to notebooks or tablets is highly recommended as presentations and task assignments will be in great part audiovisual.
- Assessment methods
- As this seminar is meant to be interactive, students will be graded for their participation and overall performance during seminars. Attendance is compulsory.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2012/MVV114K