The course deals with the selected problems of the Czech criminal law.
Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
to learn basic infromation about the Czech criminal law, both Substantive and Procedural
to understand fundamental principles of Czech criminal law,
to understand the conception of a crime
to be able to administer criminal law provision to criminal cases
1. Introduction to Czech criminal law.
2. The system of criminal sanctions in the Czech criminal law
3. The Czech Prison System.
4. Juvenile Justice in the Czech Republic.
5.Probation and Mediation Service. Diversions in the criminal proceedings.
6.Selected aspects of economic criminality
7. Introduction to the Czech criminal procedure – basic principles, stages of criminal proceedings. proceedings. 8. The role and function of Public Prosecutor in the preliminary proceedings.
9. The system of courts, the role and function of the court in the criminal proceedings.
10. Evidence proceedings.
11.Defense in the criminal proceedings
Lectures are held for a minimum of 5 students. With smaller number of students attending the course, lectures are replaced with tutorials.
Reading list will be given by the course co-ordinator at the fist lecture or tutorial.
The examination has a written and an oral part.
Examination - credit requirements:
1. Semester paper
2. Written test comprising Yes/No(True/False) or multiple choice questions
3. Discussion on the semester paper