PrF:MVV151K Written Communication - Course Information
MVV151K Written Communication in Legal GermanFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Eva Šrámková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Stárková (assistant)
- PhDr. Eva Šrámková
Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV151K/01: Mon 1. 10. to Fri 21. 12. Wed 10:00–11:40 042, E. Šrámková
MVV151K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. E. Šrámková
- MP406Zk German for Lawyers I.4. || MV613ZK German for Lawyers || CM406Zk German for Lawyers
Basic requirements "German for Lawyers" examination or equivalent command of legal German.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 9/15, only registered: 1/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV)
- Course objectives
- The course of B2 level is focused on development of written performance in German language for lawyers specializing in formal, terminological, stylistic and grammatical correctness. At the end of this course students will be able to write specific formal letters.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course students will be able to write specific formal letters.
- 1. Types of letters, Written communication 2. Style and expression 3. Use of conditionals in formal letters, nominal and verbal style 4. Rules for writing e-mails and letters 5. Structure of formal letters 6. Application for a job 7. Termination letter 8. Application for payment 9. Complaint 10. Using German at Public Offices - Correspondence with Public Offices 11. Correspondence between lawyers 12. Written Colloquium
- recommended literature
- Axel Hering, Dr. Magdalena Matussek. Geschäftskommunikation – Besser Schreiben. Hueber Verlag. ISBN 9783191015879
- Schmuck Michael. Deutsch für Juristen. Vom Schwulst zur klaren Formulierung. Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt. Köln 2011. ISBN 978-3-504-64410-9
- Marion Techmer, Dr. Lilli Marlen Brill. Briefe, E-Mails & Co.Hueber Verlag. ISBN 978-3-19-307493-5
- Eismann, Volker. Training berufliche Kommunikation. Cornelsen Verlag. ISBN 978-3-06-020325-3
- Teaching methods
- Written communication, interactive teaching methods (Collaborative Writing)
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium is in the form of an written exam - write a semi-formal and a formal letters. In addition students have to complete their assignments - minimum required is 70%.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2018/MVV151K