PrF:MVV57908K Investment Law and Arbitration - Course Information
MVV57908K Introduction into Investment Law and ArbitrationFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Zdeněk Nový, Ph.D., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Mikalová (assistant)
- Mgr. Zdeněk Nový, Ph.D., LL.M.
Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Jana Dopitová
Supplier department: Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV57908K/01: Mon 1. 10. to Fri 21. 12. each odd Tuesday 18:00–19:40 208, Z. Nový
MVV57908K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. Z. Nový
- ( MP215Zk EU and International Law || CM215Zk Law of European Union I ) && ( MP409Zk English for Lawyers I.4 || CM408Zk English for Lawyers )
The basic knowledge of the international law and a national law.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 14/15, only registered: 1/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject aims to provide introduction of international investment law to students with no or little knowledge of interantional investment law.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will have better understanding of international investment law and arbitration. Student will be able to work with sources of law in this field. Student will be able to find important information regarding international investment law and arbitration.
- - introduction - basic concepts - investment, investor - the sources of law and their interpretation - standards of treatment - fair and equitable treatment, full protection and security, expropriation, arbitrary and discriminatory measures -dispute settlement - arbitration, national courts, lis pendens -enforcement of investment arbitration awards -residual issues
- Teaching methods
- Presentation and discussion.
- Assessment methods
- A student presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2018/MVV57908K