PrF:BV301Zk Sociology of Law - Course Information
BV301Zk Selected Chapters in Sociology of LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. PhDr. Martina Urbanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Martina Urbanová, Ph.D.
Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Tereza Buchalová
Supplier department: Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
- Fri 5. 11. 10:00–11:40 133, 16:00–17:40 215, Fri 12. 11. 10:00–11:40 034, 12:00–13:40 034, Fri 3. 12. 10:00–11:40 215, 12:00–13:40 215
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
Basic knowledge from secondary school in the area of social sciences
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 23/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Selected Chapters in Sociology of Law studies the relationship between law and society the mechanism of law in action to society. At the End of the course should be able to: understand and explain relationship between law and society.Students will be able to explain the mechanism of law in action to society. Work with information on Sociology in law.Graduates of the course are practically able abide by the rules of modern knowledges about creative work. Primary aim of the course is to develop the ability of the students to identify present social problems, to grasp their wider context and their influences in terms of fully interconnected world-system.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will acquire theoretical knowledge of social processes and phenomena applicable in the solving of practical social problems. The course provides - ability to apply knowledge - ability to solve problems - capacity to adapt to new situations - general knowledge.
- Definition of sociology of law, great authors and main lines of sociology of law Social deviancy and social kontrol Sociological methods in the study of law Demographic transitions. Theory of stratification, social exclusion, social inclusion,social and cultural capital, social inequality.
- required literature
- VEČEŘA, Miloš and Martina URBANOVÁ. Vybrané kapitoly ze sociologie práva. 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2015. 232 pp. učebnice - 520. ISBN 978-80-210-7913-7. info
- URBANOVÁ, Martina. Systémy sociální kontroly a právo. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2006. 191 s. ISBN 8086898946. info
- VEČEŘA, Miloš. Sociální stát. Východiska a přístupy. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2001. 112 pp. Studijní texty. ISBN 80-85850-16-8. info
- recommended literature
- VEČEŘA, Miloš and Martina URBANOVÁ. Sociologie práva. Plzeň: Aleš Čeněk, 2006. 335 s. ISBN 8086898725. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion,consultations, homework, continuous 3 tests, minimum 50% correct answers
- Assessment methods
- The final test is composed of written examination Written examination, 6 - 7 open questions, minimum 60% correct answers.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hod. přednášek za semestr / 12 hrs of lectures per semester.