LF:STIM051p Immunology-lecture - Course Information
STIM051p Immunology-lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. MUDr. Jindřich Lokaj, CSc. (lecturer)
Miroslava Bučková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jindřich Lokaj, CSc.
Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Jindřich Lokaj, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Stomatology (programme LF, M-ST)
- Immunology in medicine.
- Anatomy and cellular elements of the immune system.
- Immune mechanisms. Innate and acquired immunity.
- Innate or natural immunity: phagocytosis, NK cells, cytotoxicity, interferon system, complement system, acute phase reaction, inflammation.
- B lymphocytes and immunoglobulins.
- Genetic basis of immunoglobulin heterogeneity.
- Biological properties of antibodies.
- Monoclonal antibodies as diagnostic and therapeutic tools.
- T-lymphocytes, their development and effector functions.
- Polarisation of T-lymphocytes (T1, T2). Cytotoxicity. Cytokines.
- Major histocompatibility complex: structure, function.
- Activation of T and B cells by antigen.
- Interactions between antigen-presenting cells and T- and B-lymphocytes.
- Regulation of the immune reaction.
- Mucosal immunity.
- Immunity against infection agents. Microbial antigens.
- Active and passive immunisation.
- Primary and secondary immunodeficiency disorders.
- HIV disease.
- Immunoglobulin therapy. Immunostimulation.
- Autoimmunity and disease. Immunological tolerance.
- Autoantibodies and their laboratory detection.
- Hypersensitivity reactions - anaphylactic, cytotoxic, immune complex, T-cell-mediated.
- Clinical allergology. Allergic skin and exposition tests.
- Ontogenesis of the immune system. Immunity in pregnancy. Reproduction immunology.
- Immunologic disorders in infants and children. Immunity in elderly.
- Tumor immunology. Tumor antigens. Immune response to tumors. Immunodiagnosis of tumors. Immune-related malignancies.
- Transfusion immunology. ABO system. Rh system. Transfusion reactions.
- Immunology of organ and bone marrow transplantation. Graft vs. host reaction.
- HOŘEJŠÍ, Václav and Jiřina BARTŮŇKOVÁ. Základy imunologie. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Triton, 1998. 219 s. ISBN 80-85875-73-X. info
- FUČÍKOVÁ, Terezie. Základy klinické imunologie :imunodeficity - autoimunita - alergie. [1. vyd.]. Praha: RDI PRESS, 1994. 148 s. ISBN 80-900674-3-3. info
- Immunology :a short course. Edited by Eli Benjamini - Sidney Leskowitz. 2nd ed. New York: Wiley-Liss, 1991. xxvi, 459. ISBN 0-471-56751-5. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Závěrečná rigorózní ústní zkouška
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.