LF:BPNE051p Neurology - lecture - Course Information
BPNE051p Nursing in Neurology - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1.5/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. MUDr. Martin Bareš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Josef Bednařík, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Pavel Štourač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kadaňka, CSc.
Department of Neurology - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Hana Božková
- Mon 19. 10. to Fri 8. 1. Thu 10:00–11:10 N12190
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BSLF011p Medical Biophysics-lec. && BPBC011p Biochemistry and Haematol.-lec
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-OS)
- Course objectives
- The main aims of the subject are: to become familiar with the content of neurology; to acquire an overview of the main diagnostic procedures in neurology with respect to pregnancy;to become familiar with clinical symptomatology, course and prognosis of main neurological disorders and their specifics with respect to pregnancy
- Education is divided into fifteen 1-hour lectures.
- 1.Basic principles of the anatomy and function of the nervous system.
- 2.Specifics of neurological disorders in infancy and childhood.
- 3.Infections of the nervous system with respect to pragnancy.
- 4.Brain damage in the earliest phases of its development.
- 5.Fundamentals of topical diagnosis and syndromology.Main neurological topical syndromes.Case record in neurology.
- 6.Neuromuscular disorders with respect to pregnancy.
- 7.Headache and demyelinating neurological disorders with respect to pregnancy.
- 8.Basics of imaging diagnostic methods in neurology.
- 9.Basics of child's developmental neurology.
- 10.Electrodiagnostic methods in neurology.
- 11.Clinical neurological examination of adult patients
- 12.Disorders of speech and language
- 13.Epilepsy with respect to pregnancy.
- 14.Spondylogenic disorders
- 15.Cerebrovascular disorders with respect to pregnancy.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and discussions;
- Assessment methods
- oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.