LF:ZLBI0121c Biology I-pract. - Course Information
ZLBI0121c Biology I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Juraj Bosák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Bosáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Cetkovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jindřiška Hammerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Hejmalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Marie Kopecká, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavlína Kosztyu, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Olga Krupková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miriama Krutá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Iva Kubíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Dr. Sergiy Kyrylenko (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kamil Matulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Micenková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Paštěková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Helena Pětrošová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Iva Slaninová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Šimara, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Štaudová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Vinarský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Vrbský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Zobaníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Debora Ledahudcová (assistant)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
Mgr. Martina Vráblíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Hana Hříbková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ZLBI0121c/21: Thu 10:10–11:50 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/22: Thu 10:10–11:50 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/23: Thu 15:50–17:30 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/24: Thu 15:50–17:30 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/40: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course provides an overview of the current knowledge of molecular biology and cell biology in the context of other theoretical branches of the Faculty of Medicine. Recent and modern concepts of molecular cell structures, functional organization of the cell and gene expression and regulation are presented to students. In addition, molecular mechanisms of cell division and cell cycle are discussed. The subject matter presented in this course will help to better understand other subjects including physiology, pathology and human and clinical genetics.
- 1. week: 19.- 23.9.2011 Practicals: Biology - instructions. Non-cellular organisms and infectious agents. 2. week: 26.9 -30.9.2011 Practicals: Prokaryotic cells and their medical significance 3. week: 3.- 7.10.2011 Practicals: Microscopic observation of eukaryotic cells 4. week: 10. – 14.10.2011 Practicals: In vitro cultivation methods of human cells – implication for medical research 5. week: 17. – 21.10.2011 Practicals: Plasma membrane – osmosis, cell fusion 6. week: 24. – 28.10.2011 Practicals: Principles of electron microscopy and cellular ultrastructure 7. week: 31.10.– 4.11.2011 Practicals: Structure and replication of DNA. 1st control test-knowledge of the week 1 to 6 curriculum (practical,lectures,seminars) 8. week: 7. – 11. 11.2011 Practicals: Transcription and translation 9. week: 14. – 18. 11.2011 Practicals: Cell cycle - methods of studying 10. week: 21. – 25.11.2011 Practicals: Mitosis - observation under light microscope 11. week: 28.11. – 2.12.2011 Practicals: Biologický význam meiózy - gametogeneze 12. week: 5. – 9. 12.2011 Practicals: Biological significance of meiosis – gametogenesis 13. week: 12. – 16. 12.2011 Practicals: Genetic disorders – autosomal inheritance. 2nd control test-knowledge of the week 1 to 12 curriculum (practicals,lectures,seminars) 14. week: 3. – 7. 1. 2011 Practicals: Substitution practicals, credits. Re-sit control tests.
- Aktuální protokoly ke cvičením jsou v elektronické podobě na stránkách informačního systému MU (ISu): ZLBI0121c – Manipulace se studijními materiály
- Protocols are available in the Information System of Masaryk University: ZLBIO121c - Work with study materials
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practise, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Lessons are mandatory, individual protocols can be downloaded in IS, credit is given under these circumstances: all protocols were checked (also for absent lessons), 1 absence is allowed, for any additional absence(s) student is required to write a thesis in the length of 2 pages. 4 or more absences will be addressed individually and credit is given after the proof of the student's knowledge of topics of the whole term (credit test).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses