LF:BKMOF011 MS Office applications - Course Information
BKMOF011 MS Office applicationsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Jiří Kalina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Matěj Karolyi (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Komenda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D.
Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: RNDr. Martin Komenda, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Faculty of Medicine
- Fri 23. 9. 8:00–11:20 A1/609 - IBA (A1,6.p, Kamenice 3), Fri 7. 10. 8:00–10:30 A1/609 - IBA (A1,6.p, Kamenice 3)
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Předpokladem je pouze základní zkušenost s prací na počítači. Kurz je nabízen studentům a všem členům akademické obce na Masarykově univerzitě, dále pak postgraduálním studentům a zaměstnancům Lékařské fakulty MU.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Laboratory Assistant (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- Practically oriented course for undergraduate students, PhD students and also for staff of Medical faculty. The course is aimed on skills in using MS Office products in scientific practice:
General use of MS Office 2016; The use of MS Word for common and scientific work; The use of MS Powerpoint for presentations; The basics of MS Excel.
- The course is divided into three separated parts: The use and general functions of MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel. The lectures are focused on MS Office 2016 including brief overview, which relates to the differences between previous versions.
- MS PowerPoint
- • Graphical settings and templates • Charts and tables • Guidelines for preparation of successful presentations • Export and compatibility
- MS Word
- • Settings and basics • Document creation and formatting • Work with tables and pictures • Usage of styles • Bibliography (application Zotero) • Revision tools and security • Tips and tricks
- MS Excel
- • Introduction into MS Excel environment, controls and formatting, • Basic types of data, data formats • Data imports from files, web and databases, • Tips and tricks, shortcuts • Copy, paste and cut • Interaction with other Office applications • Window layouts, panes • Data checks and cleanup • Input forms, automatic data inspection • Lists, filters, automatic repair and finishing, • Formulas • Absolute and relative links • Functions • Graphs and minigraphs • Contingency tables and graphs • Locking cells, worksheets and workbooks • Macros
- John Pierce. Mistrovství v Microsoft Office 2007. CPress. ISBN 978-80-251-2066-8
- Teaching methods
- Practical training using computers.
- Assessment methods
- Attendance - at least 90% of lectures. Active participation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 10.
- Teacher's information