LF:FPCJ01 Czech language - Course Information
FPCJ01 Czech language - Foundation programmeFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Renata Prucklová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Punčochář (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Stejskalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jarmila Šafránková (seminar tutor), PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (deputy)
Bc. Helena Melicharová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Veronika Dvořáčková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- FPCJ01/A: No timetable has been entered into IS.
FPCJ01/B: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- The main aim of the course Czech for Foreigners is to teach students communicate with patients in Czech without any help of English speaking doctors or interpreters and independently write case history. First year students can understand vocabulary and basic phrases related to students, their families, and their immediate specific surrounding, provided people speak clearly and at a slow rate. The knowledge enables students to communicate in common routine tasks, such as shopping, accommodation, using public transport, orientation in the city, asking the way, being able to describe their place of living and people they know by simple phrases and sentences. Students should also be able to fill in forms with personal data, such as name, nationality and address when applying for residence accommodation.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Foundation programme (programme LF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the tuition is working knowledge of the Czech language on the A1 level of the "Common European Framework of Reference" (CEFR/Independent User) checked by an examination. After first year students can understand vocabulary and basic phrases related to students, their families, and their immediate specific surrounding, provided people speak clearly and at a slow rate. The knowledge enables students to communicate in common routine tasks, such as shopping, accommodation, using public transport, orientation in the city, asking the way, being able to describe their place of living and people they know by simple phrases and sentences. Students should also be able to fill in forms with personal data, such as name, nationality and address when applying for residence accommodation. Emphasis put on knowůedge of parts of body and basic useful phrases in medical communication.
- 1st week: LEKCE 1: Communicative Competency: Introduction, Greetings. Phrases in the classroom. Instructions. Where are you from? What do you do? Grammar: Czech alphabet. Pronunciation. Vowels, diphthongs. Consonants, assimilation of consonants in groups. Personal pronouns. The verb "být". The numbers 1 - 10. Who is it? What is it? Natural genders in Czech. Adressing people. Verb conjugation I (-at). The verb "mít".
- 2nd week: LEKCE 2: Communicative Competency: ORIENTACE VE MĚSTĚ, NEMOCNICI (http://mluvtecesky.net/cs/courses/a1/3). Where is it? Locations. How can I get there? Grammar: Adverbs. Verb conjugation II (-et/ět/-it, -ovat). The verbs jít versus jet. The numbers 11-100.
- 3rd week: PROGRESS TEST 1. LEKCE 3/1:Communicative Competency:JÍDLO A PITÍ. V RESTAURACI. Grammar: Grammatical genders. Nominative sg. Ten, ta, to. Adjectives: hard and soft. Accusative sg Mi, F, N after mít rád/a, číst, pít, jíst. Numbers 100-1000.
- 4th week: LEKCE 3/2: Revision. LEKCE 4/1: Communicative Competency: MOJE RODINA. Kolik je ti/vám let? Grammar:: Possessive pronouns. Czech adjectives: jaký/á/é? Accusative of Ma. Verbs -ovat. Project 1: My family.
- 5th week: LEKCE 4/2: Revision of Czech verbs and accusative sg. LEKCE 5: Communicative Competency: KDY JE TO? (Dny, měsíce, datum). Grammar: Cardinal numerals. Modal verbs.
- 6th week: LEKCE 5/2:Communicative Competency: KDY SE SEJDEME? CO RÁDI DĚLÁTE? Grammar:mít rád/a/i+acc, rád+verb. Project 2: Likes and dislikes.
- 7th week: PROGRESS TEST 2. Communicative Competency: MŮJ DEN(handout). Grammar: Revision. Project 3: My daily routine.
- 8th weeks: LEKCE 6/1:Communicative Competency: CO JSI DĚLAL/A VČERA? Grammar: Past tense I.
- 9th week: LEKCE 6/2:Communicative Competency: SLAVNÍ ČEŠKY A ČEŠKY. CZECH CHRISTMAS. Grammar: Past tense II. Znát-vědět-umět.
- 10th week: REVISION. Introduction, In a restaurant, Invitation, How is your family, What do you like?, What did you do? LEKCE 7/1:Communicative Competency: KDE JSI BYL/A? Grammar: Locative sg. Preposition v-na-u.
- 11th week: LEKCE 7/2: Communicative Competency: KDE JSTE BYLI NA DOVOLENÉ? Grammar: Revision of locative sg.
- 12th week: TEST 3 (ORAL TEST). LEKCE 8/1. Communicative Competency: PLÁNUJEME ČAS. Grammar: Future tense.
- 13th week: LEKCE 8/2. Communicative Competency: PÍŠEME E-MAIL. Grammar: Grammar: KAM versus KDE? Prepositions do-na-k. Genitive sg. Project 4: Mail kamarádovi/kamarádce.
- 14th week: LEKCE 9/1. Communicative Competency: DŮM A BYT. Grammar: Revision of accusative sg. Prepositions pro, na, za.
- 15th week: TEST 4. LEKCE 9/2. Communicative Competency: OBCHODY A REKLAMACE. Grammar: Nominative pl of Mi, F and N. Project 5: My flat.
- 16th week: LEKCE 10: Communicative Competency: CESTUJEME. PŘIJEDEŠ NA NÁVŠTĚVU? (Invitation). Grammar: Long and short verbs of motion (jet-jezdit, jít-chodit). Přijít x odejít.
- 17th week: LEKCE 11/1: Communicative Competency: LIDSKÉ TĚLO. U DOKTORA. Grammar: Personal pronouns in the accusative and dative. Bolí mě.... . Je mi.... .
- 18th week: TEST 5. LEKCE 11/2.Communicative Competency: NEMOCI A LÉKY. MŮŽETE MI POMOCT? Grammar: Revision.
- 19th week: FINAL REVISION.
- 20th week: FINAL EXAM.
- required literature
- Holá, Lída-Pavla Bořilová. Čeština express 1. Praha: Akropolis 2010. ISBN 978-80-87310-13-7.
- Holá, Lída-Pavla Bořilová. Čeština express 2. Praha: Akropolis 2011. ISBN 978-80-87481-26-4.
- Teaching methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical courses.The following teaching methods are used: class discussion, roleplay, work in groups, reading, listening, writing HW (including Projects), word study. Emphasis put on selfstudy!
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.