LF:BAPD0321p Nursing of newborns I - lect. - Course Information
BAPD0321p Nursing of newborns and infants I - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Milan Bajer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Milena Burianová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Hrstková, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Tomáš Jimramovský (lecturer)
MUDr. Magdalena Rohanová (lecturer)
Mgr. Blanka Trojanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Radka Wilhelmová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Libuše Darmovzalová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Hrstková, CSc.
Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Hana Hrstková, CSc.
Supplier department: Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BAPA0231c Midw.as. I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA)
- Course objectives
- Pediatric is focused on diagnostic,treatment and prevention in childhood.There are specific conditions in childhood,different diagnostic tools and specificl care. After the participation in the course students will be able to evaluate and summarize the state of the newborn after the delivery , during the transitional period perfom the basic screenings, uderstand the impact of congenital and inherited diseases on children and their families. The target of the lectures is improve the knowledge of the students of most frequent disorders, basic diagnostic approach and therapeutical procedures in pediatrics.
- Learning outcomes
- The student has knowledge of the origin, course, treatment and prognosis of the most common childhood diseases
The student is able to define risk factors that threaten the healthy development of the child.
- Organization of neonatology and perinatology. Physiology of newborn and adaptation changes of systems related to birth. Observation of newborn, morphological and functional characteristics. Newborn with low birth weight. Immature newborn. Hypotrophic and overmature newborn. Perinatal injuries. Newborn nutrition. Newborn with serious congenital defects.Asphyctic newborn . Newborn with bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Most frequent hereditary diseases. Neonatal screening. Age groups, growth and development of the child. Disorders of respiratory tract, GUT, cardiovascular, liver, hematologic disorders, neoplastic disease, endrocrine disorder, inborn errors of metabolism, allergic disordesr, immunodeficiency, infection in chidren.
- LEBL, Jan, Jan JANDA, Petr POHUNEK and Jan STARÝ. Klinická pediatrie. Druhé vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2014. xix, 698. ISBN 9788024626970. info
- JANOTA, Jan and Zbyněk STRAŇÁK. Neonatologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Mladá fronta, 2013. 575 s. ISBN 9788020429940. info
- Resuscitace novorozence. Edited by Michal Prokop. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 50. s. ISBN 8024705354. info
- BOREK, Ivo. Vybrané kapitoly z neonatologie a ošetřovatelské péče. 2. dopl. vyd. Brno: IDVPZ, 2001. 327 s. ISBN 8070133384. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: celkem 10.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2017/BAPD0321p