LF:BPNE051p Neurology - lecture - Course Information
BPNE051p Neurology - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1.5/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. MUDr. Josef Bednařík, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Martin Bareš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Pavel Štourač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Blanka Adamová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Yvonne Benešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Stanislav Voháňka, CSc., MBA (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Milena Košťálová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Eva Vlčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Jaromíra Saláková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Pavel Štourač, Ph.D.
Department of Neurology - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Jaromíra Saláková
Supplier department: Department of Neurology - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 19. 10. to Thu 21. 12. Thu 10:00–11:10 Katedra porodní asistence
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA)
- Course objectives
- The main aims of the subject are: to become familiar with the content of neurology; to acquire an overview of the main diagnostic procedures in neurology with respect to pregnancy;to become familiar with clinical symptomatology, course and prognosis of main neurological disorders and their specifics with respect to pregnancy
- Education is divided into fifteen 1-hour lectures.
- 1.Basic principles of the anatomy and function of the nervous system.
- 2.Specifics of neurological disorders in infancy and childhood.
- 3.Infections of the nervous system with respect to pragnancy.
- 4.Brain damage in the earliest phases of its development.
- 5.Fundamentals of topical diagnosis and syndromology.Main neurological topical syndromes.Case record in neurology.
- 6.Neuromuscular disorders with respect to pregnancy.
- 7.Headache and demyelinating neurological disorders with respect to pregnancy.
- 8.Basics of imaging diagnostic methods in neurology.
- 9.Basics of child's developmental neurology.
- 10.Electrodiagnostic methods in neurology.
- 11.Clinical neurological examination of adult patients
- 12.Disorders of speech and language
- 13.Epilepsy with respect to pregnancy.
- 14.Spondylogenic disorders
- 15.Cerebrovascular disorders with respect to pregnancy.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and discussions;
- Assessment methods
- oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.