LF:BPPP011c First Aid - practice - Course Information
BPPP011c First Aid - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Liana Greiffeneggová (lecturer)
Bc. Jan Oplt (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Liana Greiffeneggová
Department of Midwifery and Paramedics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: PhDr. Radka Wilhelmová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Midwifery and Paramedics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 16:30–19:00 KOM 332, Fri 22. 9. to Fri 22. 12. Fri 13:00–15:30 351
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to update and expand the basic knowledge about the principles of laic first aid in the case of sudden health problems, to manage the first aid organization at the place where the disability has occurred and to practice the basic skills necessary for the quality of first aid to laity.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to identify basic health disorders, safe behavior and practical first aid in adults and children after completing the subject.
- Content of the subject.
- Significance, first aid distribution, principles of PP, legal responsibility, rescue chain, orientation assessment of the affected person, FF.
- Extermination of the basic treatment position, transport of the wounded. Types of wounds, classification criteria, treatment.
- Types of dressings, divisions, banding principles, dressing technique content of the first aid kit.
- Immediate resuscitation, history, phase, new KCPR procedures recommendations. Devices to ensure DC throughput. KPCR in adults and children, end of resuscitation criteria, signs of death.
- Shock, symptoms, splitting rule 5T
- Haemorrhage, types, treatment technique
- Heat damage, total, local, burns, inhalation trauma
- Cold damage, total, local. Acid, lye.
- Injury of the head, spine, chest, abdomen, examination of the affected person
- First aid of suddenly occurring conditions acute myocardial infarction, vascular injury, stroke, strangulation, intoxication. stroke, sudden abdominal disorder, convulsive states.
- Disaster medicine, integrated rescue system. First Aid Emergency.
- SAIBERTOVÁ, Simona. První pomoc (First aid). 1. dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2017. 86 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7020-2. info
- LEJSEK, Jan. První pomoc. Druhé, přepracované vydá. Praha: Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Nakladatelství Karolinum, 2013. 271 stran. ISBN 9788024620909. info
- BYDŽOVSKÝ, Jan. Předlékařská první pomoc. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2011. 117 s. ISBN 9788024723341. info
- ZUCHOVÁ, Barbora, Radek TURIN, Martin SEBERA, Zdeňka KUBÍKOVÁ and Petr ZAORAL. První pomoc. Elportál, Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2010. ISSN 1802-128X. URL info
- Teaching methods
- Trainig, demonstration, multimedia projection, teamwork activities
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods and criteria Completion: credit, 100% participation in teaching, practical skills verification
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.