LF:BKMOF011 MS Office applications - Course Information
BKMOF011 MS Office applicationsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Martin Komenda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Matěj Karolyi (lecturer)
Mgr. Renata Chloupková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D.
Institute of Biostatistics and Analyses - Other Departments for Educational and Scientific Research Activities - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: RNDr. Martin Komenda, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Institute of Biostatistics and Analyses - Other Departments for Educational and Scientific Research Activities - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 12. 9. 8:00–11:20 A29/347-RCX2, Fri 13. 9. 8:00–10:30 A29/347-RCX2, Fri 4. 10. 9:00–11:30 A1/609 - IBA (A1,6.p, Kamenice 3)
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Předpokladem je pouze základní zkušenost s prací na počítači. Kurz je nabízen studentům a všem členům akademické obce na Masarykově univerzitě, dále pak postgraduálním studentům a zaměstnancům Lékařské fakulty MU.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- After completing of the course the student will be able to: • Understand the basic concept of working with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. • Effectively work in these environments and control the advanced functionality required to work with more complex documents. • Know the complex application settings and be able to adapt them to the demands that are made in the way it works.
- Learning outcomes
- The student knows the basic settings of MS Word 2016.
- The course is divided into three separated parts: The use and general functions of MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel. The lectures are focused on MS Office 2016 including brief overview, which relates to the differences between previous versions.
- MS PowerPoint
- • Graphical settings and templates • Charts and tables • Guidelines for preparation of successful presentations • Export and compatibility
- MS Word
- • Settings and basics • Document creation and formatting • Work with tables and pictures • Usage of styles • Bibliography (application Zotero) • Revision tools and security • Tips and tricks
- MS Excel
- • Introduction into MS Excel environment, controls and formatting, • Basic types of data, data formats • Data imports from files, web and databases, • Tips and tricks, shortcuts • Copy, paste and cut • Interaction with other Office applications • Window layouts, panes • Data checks and cleanup • Input forms, automatic data inspection • Lists, filters, automatic repair and finishing, • Formulas • Absolute and relative links • Functions • Graphs and minigraphs • Contingency tables and graphs • Locking cells, worksheets and workbooks • Macros
- John Pierce. Mistrovství v Microsoft Office 2007. CPress. ISBN 978-80-251-2066-8
- Teaching methods
- Practical training using computers.
- Assessment methods
- Attendance - at least 90% of lectures. Active participation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 10.
- Teacher's information