LF:ZLKZ051c Restorative D.-Caries treat.-p - Course Information
ZLKZ051c Restorative Dentistry - Dental Caries Treatment - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MDDr. Julie Bartáková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jitka Bělušová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Lydie Izakovičová Hollá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Naděžda Janoušková (seminar tutor)
MDDr. Agáta Kubíčková (seminar tutor)
MDDr. Petr Kučera (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Marta Kocmanová (assistant)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- ZLPZ041p Preventive Dentistry -lect. && ZLKK041c Restorative Dent.-Cariol.pract && ZLFY0422p Physiology II - lecture && ZLBC041p Biochemistry II -lec. && ZLAN0333p Anatomy III - lect. && ZLHE0322p Hist.and Embryol.II-lect. && ( ZLLT0222s Bas.Med.Terminology II-sem. || ZLLT0222p Bas. Med. Terminology -l ) && ZLET021p Ethics in Dent.-lect.
aZLPZ041p && aZLKK041c && aZLFY0422p && aZLBC041p && aZLAN0333p && aZLHE0322p && (aZLLT0222s || ZLLT0222s) && aZLET021p && aZC041
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Dental caries diagnostics and treatment of different caries types by various materials.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to diagnose dental caries on the basis of clinical and x-ray examination examination and perform appropriate treatment.
- Practical training - syllabus: Examination of the patient, proposal of treatment, diagnostics of dental caries. Diagnostics and treatment of caries in premolars and molars on the occlusal surface. Diagnostics and treatment of carious defects on proximal surfaces of premolars and molars. Recurrent caries, secondary caries: its diagnostics and treatment. Treatment of deep (close-to-pulp) caries. Importance of x-ray examination in caries diagnosis.
- required literature
- The art and science of operative dentistry. Edited by Clifford M. Sturdevant - Theodore M. Roberson. 3rd ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 1995. xxi, 824 s. ISBN 0-8016-6366-0. info
- recommended literature
- Kariesprophylaxe und konservierende therapie. Edited by Peter Riethe. 2. überarb. und erw. Aufl. Stuttgart: Georg Thieme Verlag, 1994. XI, 368 s. ISBN 3-13-714702-6. info
- JEDYNAKIEWICZ, Nicolas M. A practical guide to technology in dentistry. [1st ed.]. : Wolfe Publishing, 1992. 193 s. : i. ISBN 0-7234-1742-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical training.
- Assessment methods
- Credit (completion of practical training)
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.