LF:AMOLc Intr.mol.biol.gen. - Course Information
AMOLc Introduction into molecular biology and geneticsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Augustin Svoboda, CSc., dr. h.c. (lecturer)
Mgr. Michaela Bosáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Cetkovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Žaneta Konečná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kamil Matulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Micenková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Štaudová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Váňová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
Mgr. Martina Vráblíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AMOLc/01: Tue 15:30–17:20 B07/205a
AMOLc/02: Tue 15:30–17:20 B07/205a
AMOLc/03: Wed 7:30–9:20 B07/205a
AMOLc/04: Wed 7:30–9:20 B07/205a
AMOLc/05: Wed 9:30–11:20 B07/205a
AMOLc/06: Wed 9:30–11:20 B07/205a
- Grammar school or similar school type with biology education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biomedicínská technika a bioinformatika (programme LF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- The subject provides basic knowledge of molecular and cell biology and human genetics, including cell structure, preservation and expression of genetic information, basics of genetics and basic use of molecular biology methods. This knowledge is a prerequisite for further theoretical and preclinical studies.
- Methods of molecular biology and genetics. Principles of genetic engineering – DNA cloning. Diagnostics of pathogenic bakteria. Molecular analysis of human genotype. Prokaryotic cell. Eukaryotic cell. DNA structure and replication. Expression of genetic information. Cell cycle. Biological significance of meiosis – gametogenesis. Human karyotype and chromosomal aberations. Autosomal inheritance. Gonosomal inheritance. Genetic toxicology.
- required literature
- Aktuální protokoly k praktickým cvičením jsou dostupné pouze v elektronické podobě na stránkách informačního systému MU (www.is.muni.cz): Studijní materiály pod kódem AMOLc
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practice, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Lessons are mandatory. Protocols for each class have to be downloaded from the IS. For course completion it is required: all protocols checked (also for missed practice), 1 absence is allowed, for any additional absence(s) student is required to write a thesis in the length of 2 pages on a given topic. 3 absences, or more than 3 excused absences (i.e. confirmed by the Office for Studies and included to the IS) will be addressed individually and credit is given only after the proof of the student's knowledge of the whole term topics (credit test). In case of 4 or more unexcused absences credit is not given.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.