LF:AMOLc Intr.mol.biol.gen.-pract. - Course Information
AMOLc Introduction into molecular biology and genetics - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Fojtík (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Matěj Hrala (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavla Hujová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Lázničková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Pešl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Jana Růžičková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AMOLc/01: Tue 15:00–16:40 B07/205a
AMOLc/02: Tue 15:00–16:40 B07/205a
AMOLc/03: Wed 7:30–9:10 B07/205a
AMOLc/04: Wed 7:30–9:10 B07/205a
AMOLc/05: Wed 9:30–11:10 B07/205a
AMOLc/06: Wed 9:30–11:10 B07/205a
- (! VSBI0222c Biology II-pract. ) && (! VLBI0222c Biology II-pract. ) && (! ZLBI0222c Biology II-pract. ) && ! NOWANY ( VLBI0222c Biology II-pract. , ZLBI0222c Biology II-pract. ) && (! PřF:Bi1700c Cell Biology - practice )
Knowledge of high school biology on the level of Overview of High School Biology (https://is.muni.cz/auth/do/med/el/overview/overview_CZ.qwarp) or similar.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biomedicínská technika a bioinformatika (programme LF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- After completion of the course student: operates light microscope; understands the basics of in vitro cell culture, genetic engineering or the methods of karyotyping; tries the methods of elementary molecular screening for some of the hereditary or microbial diseases in practice and is able to interpret their results; understands the cell structure and function and the processes of preservation and expression of genetic information; knows the basics of genetics and is able to evaluate the risk of hereditary diseases in a patient on the basis of given information. Student is also able to apply this knowledge and skills in other subjects and in practice.
- DNA structure and replication
- Expression of genetic information
- Diagnostics of pathogenic bacteria
- Cell cycle analysis
- In vitro cell culture
- Mitosis and meiosis
- Human karyotype and chromosome aberations
- Autosomal inheritance
- Gonosomal inheritance
- Molecular analysis of disease predispositions in humans
- Principles of genetic engineering – production of human proteins in bacterial cells
- required literature
- Protokoly ke cvičením jsou dostupné v elektronické podobě v Informačním systému MU ve Studijních materiálech předmětu AMOLc
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practice, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Practical classes are mandatory.
Bring printed protocol for each practice, and your own writing materials. Download protocol for each practical class from the Study materials in the IS, and study it in advance. Lab shoes, lab coats and disposable gloves are not required.
Requirements for course completion: full attendance in the practical classes (1 absence, excused or unexcused, is allowed); all protocols completed (also for missed lessons) and checked and signed by appropriate teachers; activity in the practical classes.
In case of student’s late arrival to the practice or poor activity at the practice, the student is required to write an essay in the length of 2 pages on a given topic. Same for the case of 2nd and any additional absence in practices, excused or unexcused. Find the instructions for essay writing in the Course-related instructions in the IS, bring the essay printed to the teacher who specified the topic and be ready to answer the teacher's questions regarding the topic.
In case of 3 absences, (or more than 3 absences all excused by the Office for Studies within 5 days from the absence beginning and introduced into the Information System), it is addressed individually and credit is given only after the proof of the student's knowledge of the whole semester topics (so-called Credit test) based on knowledge of the entire semester. The test comprises of 20 questions: 10 test questions (multiple answers can be correct, negative marking is obtained for incorrect answers) + 10 given topics for written explanation. At least 10 points out of 20 are needed to pass.
In case of 4 or more unexcused absences, credit is not awarded.
Substitution of practical classes: in case of illness, or appointment at the doctor’s, student can exceptionally arrange a substitution with another group on the same teaching week. To arrange a substitution, write an e-mail to the contact person of the subject at least 24 hours in advance. Repeated substitution with other groups is not allowed.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Student nesmí mít absolvovaný ani současně zapsaný předmět Biologie II-cvičení na LF.
- Teacher's information